Thread: mark 2 f 17mac2

slughunter 47

mark 2 f 17mac2

does any one have one of these rifles.how do they shoot iam looking at one for squirrel hunting.,,,fhanks

Army

Re: mark 2 f 17mac2

Love mine. Stupidly accurate (ya gotta be stoopid to miss :) ). Out to 100yds, much better results on ground squirrels than any .22, but still accurate out to 200. Our range has a 2" swinger at 200, and if I do my part, it gets "spanged". The bullet does come apart on contact with most anything, so shooting tree squirrels is more safe if sky-busting...plus the tiny pills will have almost no serious energy should they travel too far.

That said, I think the factory stocks are more "junior" sized that it should be. I have the gray laminate that simply does not have enough reach for me. I just ordered a Match/Target stock from SSS to make it fit me better.

shaman

I've got two FVs, and considering selling one, not because I don't like it, but because I want to pick up a different kind of hm2. You will read about it being better at small game than the .22LR, and the only reason I could disagree is if you have subsonic ammo and a silencer.

Basic Member

I had one, but got rid of it to fund something different. I could routinely hit walnuts at 80 yards (and squirrel heads) from field shooting positions. Mine liked the CCI loads better than the others, but the Remmington was close behind. I even used it for groundhogs out to 150 yards and 80% were headshots. The only mods I did was shim the trigger and add some weight to the buttstock cavity.
    A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. ... Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.<br /><br />Thomas Jefferson