Well, it's official. As of 12:48 this afternoon, I bought the 25.06 Edge I mentioned a few days ago. The Pawn shop queen I was talking about buying..... I was feeling a little depressed so, the best medication is to buy something. So I did.

Anyway, Specss for you to peruse & assist me with since I am limited on info. It cetainly seems like an econo-rifle. Right down to the Flimso 500 bipod.

Black tupperware stock
3 - 9x 40 Bushnell scope. Nice clear glass but, clearly a cheap scope. Cheaper than any Banner I've ever looked at.
Black matte finish
Excellent barrel. no copper deposit.
Originally I thought it was beat. Upon further examination & taking it apart, I find it's filthy on the top, spotless down below.
The bolt & chamber area are way too clean to have been fired much. No wear marks where you'd expect to see them.
Trigger has a 318lb. pull. I'll need to figure out how to adjust that.
Bipod is like nothing I've ever seen. It attaches to the place where I'd expect to see a strap swivel. Instead, there's a few pounds of metal resembling a weaver base or maybe even picatinny. The bipod holder part has a big 'ol screw on collar that pulls it all together. No doubt one of the first things to go before I get hurt or something.....

Aside from the less than spectacular quality, I like it. I believe I can do a little magic & tighten up the wobble in the fore end. A few aluminum rods set in epoxy & proper placement should get it.

I really need to learn how to post some photos now. I'm going to need them more than ever.
Just the same, the really, really, REALLY BIG question is..... DOes it stay as a 25.06 OOORRRrrrrrrr... Since I have a very nice .243 barrel & brass & bullets & powder & dies kit &...... you get the point. I've always wanted a 25-05. Now I got one and may need to change it.

From what I have read here at Savage (Addiction Central) Shooters, Barrels can be interchanged . The bolt is much shorter than a .270 bolt. I don't suppose it's a short action?....

ENough BS for now. I'm going back to the "Armory" to continue taking things apart. I'll be back.

Frank in Fla