Thread: Magnetospeed barrel-mounted chronograph.

thomae

Magnetospeed barrel-mounted chronograph.

Does anyone on the forum have one of these? Sounds interesting and got at least one good review:
    Information at: http://www.magnetospeed.com/
    One Review at: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...3343733&page=1

No warrantee information provided. I emailed the company and asked for a copy of the warrantee.

jeffreyC

Re: Magnetospeed barrel-mounted chronograph.

It looks interesting, not least because it would keep you from shooting your chronograph.

From the second page on the sniper's hide review:

Here's their response to my email regarding what if any warranty:

"...We had a warrantyup on our old website, but it never got moved over. Then when we tookanother look at, it prompted an internal discussion about somewording; this discussion still isn't quite over. Pretty much, thewarranty will be a standard deal... you break it you bought, unless itwas our fault then we'll replace it... plus more words...Alex"

So, looks like we're GTG on the warranty!

nsaqam

Certainly looks interesting but the only thing you could ever use it for would be to get speeds since a device like that hanging from your barrel is surely going to change your barrel harmonics making the shots taken with it on irrelevant to shots taken with it off.

I see it as a hindrance to load development.

It's not that hard to NOT hit your chronograph. I've never done it in over 20 years of using them.

jeffreyC

Working my way through the five page review on sniper's hide it does not appear to change group size much if at all only POI, and that by about 1.3" and consistent.

Everyone who tested one says that it never fails to get a reading.

cgeorgemo

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetospeed Website
    30-day money back guarantee: If you do not like the device or it will not suit your intentions just ship it back to us undamaged within 30 days from purchase date and we will refund the device cost to you once inspected for damage and cleared. Shipping costs will not be refunded.

2-year manufacturer warranty: If the device arrives damaged or becomes inoperable within a 2 year time period due to a manufactures defect, just ship the unit back to us and we will fix the issue or replace the unit at no cost. The buyer will not be charged any additional shipping costs other than that with initial purchase if exchanging/returning a device with manufacturer defects within 2 years of purchase date. If returned device is damaged due to user error, no refund or additional shipping costs will be covered.

nsaqam

A conventional chronograph doesn't change POI one iota.

I can count on one hand the missed shots with my Pro Chrono Digital.

I hope they sell thousands but I'll not be buying one.

thomae

Quote Originally Posted by cgeorgemo
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetospeed Website
    30-day money back guarantee: If you do not like the device or it will not suit your intentions just ship it back to us undamaged within 30 days from purchase date and we will refund the device cost to you once inspected for damage and cleared. Shipping costs will not be refunded.

2-year manufacturer warranty: If the device arrives damaged or becomes inoperable within a 2 year time period due to a manufactures defect, just ship the unit back to us and we will fix the issue or replace the unit at no cost. The buyer will not be charged any additional shipping costs other than that with initial purchase if exchanging/returning a device with manufacturer defects within 2 years of purchase date. If returned device is damaged due to user error, no refund or additional shipping costs will be covered.
    Thanks. My search abilities apparently were very substandard last night. ::)