Thread: SCOPE MOUNTS M10 AND STRIKER

Basic Member

SCOPE MOUNTS M10 AND STRIKER

I just got a new scope, want to shift it between the M10 and striker, need the mount slots in the same place to switch scopes.
    I put mounts on, the Striker has a flat on the rear ring, M10 doesn't.
    The catalogs are sorta vague.
    Is there a common mount, 1 [pc., for M10 round rear rcvr ring and Striker 510?
    Burris signature Zee rings.

joe b.

tyler.woodard04

Re: SCOPE MOUNTS M10 AND STRIKER

well, get a EWG for each gun. they are cut to the picitiny spec. and the burris rings are ok but if you want to switch guns with them you will find the move some during the process. go with their non signature zee ring and you will be ok.

Basic Member

Thanks, but $40 per X2 plus S&H is a bit steep for me right now.
    Will it fit the Striker?
    Thanks;
    joe b.

ellobo

The only difference I came across in bases is that in any make and model you have to order a one to fit the flat back reciever and one for the round. The tops that hold the rings should be the same. You cannot mount a round one on a flat back. The only make I have experience with is Weaver and they make both types. Others probably do as well.

El Lobo

tinkerer

OK, all Strikers are flat rear, and MOST M10 are round. I would suggest a weaver type base for both, and just some quick detach rings.
    Spacing may be the same, especially if same brand.

Best I can do.

Larry
    Tinkerer

1jonzmith

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerer
    OK, all Strikers are flat rear, and MOST M10 are round. I would suggest a weaver type base for both, and just some quick detach rings.
    Best I can do.
    Larry
    Tinkerer
    Why do you select a Weaver base over a Picatiny? They both come off of a NMC system and should be true to themselves. I want to use a quick disconnect and move the scope/rings between rifles and have them repeat on each gun when they return to it. What base would afford me the best options in rings?

Thanks,

John

Basic Member

Best I can do.

Larry
    Tinkerer
    Which Williams rear peep sight fits the striker? Looks like I'll have to screw this one onto a round top rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by appleseed

Which Williams rear peep sight fits the striker? Looks like I'll have to screw this one onto a round top rifle.
    You lost me? Where did peep come from and round top fit with a flat back striker? :)

Anything (except a stock) that fits a model 10 - flat back - short action rifle, fits a true striker.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by appleseed

Best I can do.

Larry
    Tinkerer

I have one on my Silhouette Striker. As far as I know, since it has to be screwed to the receiver, any one with a round face would work?

Suggest you check with Williams for applications, I never did.

Larry
    Tinkerer

cgeorgemo

Quote Originally Posted by joeb33050
    I just got a new scope, want to shift it between the M10 and striker, need the mount slots in the same place to switch scopes.
    I put mounts on, the Striker has a flat on the rear ring, M10 doesn't.
    The catalogs are sorta vague.
    Is there a common mount, 1 [pc., for M10 round rear rcvr ring and Striker 510?
    Burris signature Zee rings.

joe b.
    What scope do you have that gives the same eye relief for a pistol mount as a rifle mount?
    I've always had my pistol scopes much farther away than my rifle scopes.

1jonzmith

joe b.
    [/quote]
    What scope do you have that gives the same eye relief for a pistol mount as a rifle mount?
    I've always had my pistol scopes much farther away than my rifle scopes.
    [/quote]

Mine is a pistol in name only. It rides the bags. Eye relief is something I adjust to. I own no pistol scopes except the one on my pistol/handgun.

Thanks,

John

cgeorgemo

I guess I kind of thought that a striker would still want to jump back even though it is on the bags. I've never shot one so I have ZERO experience with them.

1jonzmith

Quote Originally Posted by cgeorgemo
    I guess I kind of thought that a striker would still want to jump back even though it is on the bags. I've never shot one so I have ZERO experience with them.
    As in any rifle, it depends on the calibre. bullet weight and charge. Talk with Neal Cooper
    ncooper@gci.net. He has film of his 409 Rigby, an elephant gun, and it doesn't buck all that bad. He uses terrific recoil brakes. If he didn't, those monsters that he builds would break his wrist...his words. 338 Win mag was like his staple hunting rig. Lives on Kodiak Island. Ever shoot one of those? Boy Howdy. The 338 on a 11 pound gun was detaching my retina. Contact him for links to his film clips.

Neil is interesting and makes eminent sense as long as you don't indulge him on the topic of "Global Warming". Just kidding Neil. ::) ;D

John

Basic Member

I had a B Square 15550 Savage round rear rcvr mount on the M10. Price tag said &7.95. Had another in the Savage box and put it on the Striker. The Striker has a flat rear rcvr ring. 3 small washers under each hole of the rear of the mount and I'm in fine shape.
    There appears to be no 1 pc Striker mount.
    Thanks;
    joe b.

Quote Originally Posted by joeb33050

There appears to be no 1 pc Striker mount.
    Thanks;
    joe b.
    Anything that fits a modal 10 flat back, fits the Striker. Which means every company that make a one piece flat back 10 base has one for the striker.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor