Thread: 111 LRH barrel nut

robert d

111 LRH barrel nut

Does the 111 LRH have barrel nut. I see no groves for any wrench. Is so what is shank size or can I even change barrel my self.

Basic Member

Re: 111 LRH barrel nut

Yes it has a smooth barrel nut. They make a special wrench for it but some say they have used a pipe wrench and replaced it with a grooved nut. Unless im mistaken it should be a small shank. With certain calibers it could be a large shank.
    Silence is golden.... duct tape is silver!!

airaddict

i bought the wrench from SSS to remove my smooth barrel nut from my model 16. i found someone who wanted the smooth nut and wrench and i got my money back so im ok with it but in hind-sight i prob would have taken the pipe wrench to it and not spend the extra cash on a wrench i would only use once. lesson learned.

brian

Basic Member

What caliber is it? As glover said unless it's a WSM it should be small shank.

robert d

Its 6.5x284 Norma

Big Jake Duke

Re: 111 LRH magazine length

I purchased a 7mm lrh with the intention of rechambering it to a 7mm STW. The action is fine for it ,but the magazine oal is limited. To get the best out of this cartridge the high bc bullets need be seated to reach the lands. Any ideas of lengthening the magazine? I looked into switching the bottom metal with the 338 lapua and reworking the mag, but that is a 600.00 proposition on a 900.00 dollar gun!!