Thread: Hogue Savage stocks???????

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Hogue Savage stocks???????

So I was really contempleting bedding the factory sythetic stock I have but I think its a lost cause. That thing is just a floppy Mo Fo so I really dont think its worth the expense, hassle and time. What do you guys think of hogue stocks???
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."

hunter2

Re: Hogue Savage stocks???????

I have one with the full length block and love it. Would buy another!

Ray Gunter

I have a Hogue with one of their full bedding blocks. Not on a Savage its on a Mauser.
    I like it. Its not light weiight. And I would buy another if I was looking for a bench or a hunting stand rifle setup.
    Not for me as a walk around carry rifle.

Hogue's are spendy and very heavy for the money, IMO.
    If you want rigid, buy a duramaxx.
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

Basic Member

Ordering one up today. I am sick of running around calling this supplier and that to try and track down a Hogue.. Screw it!!! Duramaxx it is, cheaper too!!!

Basic Member

You could order it directly from Hogue. Midway USA has some of them. I have one on one of my Rugers and plan to get one for my Savage 116 one of these days. I have a Duramaxx too but they only make them for the blind magazines and if you have a newer model that has the mag box seperate from the receiver you will have to glue it to the stock somehow to get it to stay in place. If you have a DTB or hinged floorplate you will have to find someone who can make a cutout in the duramaxx for it to fit. So the Duramaxx may end up costing more than you think if that's the situation.

I ordered one thru Opticsplanet just to find out they were on backorder with no designated time of coming in. I called just to find out and they have no idea, so i immediately cancelled my order. They could save theirselves(and us) alot of headaches if they just had it listed as out of stock in the first place, but i guess they need to suck us in first...

A few places have the black ones in stock but I was after a camo version, which seems to be non-existant.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

cgeorgemo

I own a recoil compensating stock for my shotgun from Hogue and I love the feel.
    The hogue online store seems to have a lot of choices available for ordering.

cgeorgemo

Gun Shack also shows Hogue Pillar bed stocks in Short Action DBM in stock for $99

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by efm77
    You could order it directly from Hogue. Midway USA has some of them. I have one on one of my Rugers and plan to get one for my Savage 116 one of these days. I have a Duramaxx too but they only make them for the blind magazines and if you have a newer model that has the mag box seperate from the receiver you will have to glue it to the stock somehow to get it to stay in place. If you have a DTB or hinged floorplate you will have to find someone who can make a cutout in the duramaxx for it to fit. So the Duramaxx may end up costing more than you think if that's the situation.
    My gun has the pushbutton release (on side of stock) with magwell attached to the receiver, I've done some research and it looks like I can just take the baseplate off the mag, remove the release assembly from the well, slide the mag body, follower and spring into the well and drop into the stock thus creating a blind mag.

Basic Member

You'll still have to glue the mag box in place in the stock somehow and make sure it lines up properly with the mag opening in the bottom of the receiver. It can be done but is a little painstaking. Just wanted you to know that the Duramaxx is intended for the old style bling mag where the mag box is attached to the bottom of the receiver. There's nothing inside the stock to hold the mag in place because of that so you'll have to attach it somehow. If you just drop it in it will move and rattle I'm sure.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by efm77
    You'll still have to glue the mag box in place in the stock somehow and make sure it lines up properly with the mag opening in the bottom of the receiver. It can be done but is a little painstaking. Just wanted you to know that the Duramaxx is intended for the old style bling mag where the mag box is attached to the bottom of the receiver. There's nothing inside the stock to hold the mag in place because of that so you'll have to attach it somehow. If you just drop it in it will move and rattle I'm sure.
    My mag well is attached to the receiver, don't understand what there is that needs to be glued, basically the sprig just presses against the stock as opposed to the base of the actual magazine!

Basic Member

OK then you shouldn't have any problem. I thought you said you had a detachable box magazine model but it the mag box is attached to the receiver then you'll be fine. I haven't seen one of the old DBM's in person so maybe it's made differently than the way I've pictured it in my mind.

kevin_stevens
    Are the Hogue stocks centerfeed or stagger feed? I can't find where it's listed anywhere on the site. I'm looking at model 11107 (http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?...oducts_id=6897) and trying to figure out if it will fit my staggerfeed 116 or not. Been searching these threads and haven't figured it out yet.

Oh, and for the guy who says the Hogue with full bedding block is heavy, how is that compared to a pillared Boyd laminate (also not light)?

Tx all.

KeS

Seabeeken
    Just got my first one today in Ghillie Tan with bedding block from optics planet. Perfect fit on my 110. Not heavy at all compared to the wooden one. Feels good. Gonna shoot it Wednesday.
    Kevin, they may fit both staggered and center. Mine came with some sort of mag adapter that I didn't need. Give Hogue a call and I'm sure they can answer the question.

16. 01-26-2014, 01:15 PM
    Reason
    answered in another thread. No need to resurrect this one

Basic Member
    Came across this thread and wondering if there was any new feedback on the Hogue stocks?

Basic Member
    I've shot my new one a few times and really like it so far. It is the full length bedding block. It is heavier but not overly so since it's still a synthetic stock. It doesn't seem as heavy as a laminate. Of course it's hard for me to tell because I notice the barrel weight on mine more (it's a large shank 28" varmint contour). So far I'm pleased with it.

Toyoda
    I got the pillar bed stock, and glass bed it. I really like it, feels good.
    The forend will twist, its stronger than factory but still noticible. The rest of the stock is really nice. I put it on a 25-06 with a factory sporter barrel, no intent on this gun getting a varmint/bull barrel. For a $100 stock I am happy with it, will make a great all around hunting/varmint gun.