Thread: 30-06 to 308

Basic Member

30-06 to 308

My son has a 111 30-06 that he wants to change barrels on( to 308) my question is will it have feeding issues going to the short case.it also is the DBM stock will I have to change mag? Thanks

maclowry
    Will be fine, I've done a few short action cartridges in a long action and it fed fine through the box internal mag.

stangfish
    ^ +1

Basic Member
    I changed the barrel on my 111 from 30-06 to 6.5x55 to .243. Haven't had a single problem feeding.

Actually I have always found that a short action, feeds nicer in a long action than in a short, it's seems like that extra travel length, gives it more space to self align into the chamber.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Basic Member
    Thanks Guys now alll i gotta do is find him a better stock.That factory stock sucks.

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    I swapped my old .270 out for a .308 barrel. Feeds great. Extraction / ejection is another story. After a shot if I yank the bolt back quickly the spent case will eject properly. If I pull the bolt back too slow, the case will jump off the bolt extractor & sit on the follower or next round in the mag.

One of those things ya get used to...
    I believe on of the guys has a cure for it by doing a little modification to the extractor or ejector, as I recall.
    I think, anyway.
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!