Thread: Lighter trigger spring

Uncle Jack

Lighter trigger spring

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I just ordered one of these. I'll let you know how it works out.

1Shot

Re: Lighter trigger spring

...If you woulda asked you could have probably got 1 here for free..lol...

82boy

I would cancel your bid. For a buy it now price of &6.00 or present bid of $3.00 and $1.00 shipping for a piece of wire, all I can say is WOW. You can go to your local hobby store and get several yards of wire for that price. A member by the name of 243shooter gave away miles of (.041 spring steel wire) the stuff to anyone who would ask. (And I bet he is still giving it away, and the dang things are not hard to make.)

The parts that scares me is the item description, the guy don't know the difference between a 110 and a 10, or a 111-116, (WOW), he also has no idea about a accu-trigger, but he is qualified to manufacture gun parts and sell them. He doesn't state the thickness of the wire, or what it is made of. This just sounds like trouble to me.

Uncle Jack

Okay, I'm asking. Anybody got one for free?

I am currently living without any shop facilities at all. In days past I would have not hesitated to just clip a piece of wire, bend it and heat treat it. As things are, I do not have a torch, a brick, or a cup of oil to quench in other than extra virgin olive oil. If I can solve a problem or make an improvement for the price of a six-pack.....Hey, porque no? If it doesn't work then another lesson will be learned for a lot less money than some previous lessons.

uj

Basic Member

As of about a month ago 243Shooter still had some. A self addressed stamped envelope would get you enough for at least three trigger jobs.
    Charlie
    laportecharlie

82boy

No need to heat teat it, all you have to do is bend it with a pair of pliers. look for 243shooter in the member data base, and send him a PM.

Basic Member

After reading how to do the mod here, I went and found some .040" music wire (I'm not in the States so found my own) and got 5m for $5. It was a piece of cake to do and makes for a much nicer trigger.
    It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Basic Member

Simple search brought this up:

http://www.victornet.com/subdepartme...Wire/1040.html

Over 200 feet of .041" for $7.70!

I think a SASE to 243Shooter is in order!!! ...... it's not the $7.70 .... it's what do you do with so much when so little is needed???

Three 44s

Smokepole

Another alternative is go buy a throttle return spring w long hooks on either end in the right wire diameter. I cut the straight section out of the long hook extensions and used that.

243shooter

Sorry for being a bit slow in responding. I went back to work! After being laid off for slightly more than a year, my old company called me and ask me if I wanted to work. It was a hard decision, must of took me at least 20-30mS before I blurted out Y-E-S! If you have never been laid off for a year you probably don't realize how happy a fat old bald guy can be. I feel truly blessed. God is great! Now back to the subject at hand. Yes, I still have some of the wire. Geargrinder accused me of buying a couple of miles of the stuff but it really wasn't all that much - maybe a half of mile? Just send me an SASE and you will get 3-4 pieces of wire - enough for 3-4 guns. A larger #10 envelope might get you enough for 5-6 guns. Send the SASE to:

Jerry Haigwood
    11402 N 98th Drive
    Sun City AZ 85351

I hope you all have a really Merry Christmas. I already got my present this year. ;D

Jerry AKA 243shooter

1Shot

...Glad to see you back...Been awhile..I'll send you an env. here pretty soon..lol..Glad to see you're back to work...Times are tightning up...Just be glad you are still in good health to work.. ...You might need some new tires on that golf cart...lol.. 8)..Have a good 1...

Basic Member

243shooter,

That's very generous of you ........

>>>>> AND I am very happy to hear you've got work again.

Have A Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Three 44s

ellobo

Jerry,
    So glad to hear you got to work again. I know the feeling. And, you sent me some wire some months ago which I thank you for and also thanks for the service to the members here.

Gratefully yours
    El Lobo

Uncle Jack

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct...tnumber=472714

Probably enough for every rifle, pistol and shotgun in town.

Uncle Jack

I just got my survival packet of .040 spring material from Mr. 243shooter....got two made already....makes one Hell of a difference.

Thank you, Sir!

uj

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by 243shooter
    Sorry for being a bit slow in responding. I went back to work! After being laid off for slightly more than a year, my old company called me and ask me if I wanted to work. It was a hard decision, must of took me at least 20-30mS before I blurted out Y-E-S! If you have never been laid off for a year you probably don't realize how happy a fat old bald guy can be. I feel truly blessed. God is great! Now back to the subject at hand. Yes, I still have some of the wire. Geargrinder accused me of buying a couple of miles of the stuff but it really wasn't all that much - maybe a half of mile? Just send me an SASE and you will get 3-4 pieces of wire - enough for 3-4 guns. A larger #10 envelope might get you enough for 5-6 guns. Send the SASE to:

Jerry Haigwood
    11402 N 98th Drive
    Sun City AZ 85351

I hope you all have a really Merry Christmas. I already got my present this year. ;D

Jerry AKA 243shooter
    nice to see someone else from az live here to. we should talk 8) dd

Basic Member

guess i should check my spelling. lol!! but any way would like to get some wire from you? i Will be sending a envelope soon.