Thread: Short Action Left Hand Accustock One Piece Picatinny rail recommendations

cya305

Short Action Left Hand Accustock One Piece Picatinny rail recommendations

Hello all from a soon to be first time Savage owner!

I'm looking for just what the title says, a one piece picatinny rail for my upcoming short action left hand accustock 16flhss purchase. I like to trade my scope from rifle to rifle so I'm looking for a particularly hard material. Any input?

Diestone

Re: Short Action Left Hand Accustock One Piece Picatinny rail recommendations

Look at Ken Farrell mounts.
    http://www.kenfarrell.com/

cya305

They look like winners to me. They look like they could be mounted for left or right bolt actions. Is there a distinction between the accustock action for the mounts or will any of the short accutrigger models suffice?

Any short-action AccuTrigger (round top) base will work.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

cya305

Thanks people!

lwink

You may want to look at EGW bases as well -- I have been very very pleased with mine and plan on putting them on all of my upcoming builds. Probably not quite as good as some (maybe), but if price is a consideration they are worth looking at. Just another option.

EGW1

Actucally we make our Tactical mount based on an Extrusion 6061 T6 that is done in Texas, Than machined in our Fadal machining centers. Screws come from Ct. Mounts are anodized in Reading Pa. Packaging from Mo. Cards printed here in Quakertown and we machine them using Cutters made by a house in pottstown Pa. The mounts are 39.99 and available from Midway, SWFA, Brownells, Optics Planet, Dillon etc.

As a result of Forums we came out with our HD mount
    Machined from bar stock 7075 T6 Alum. Machined right here also, In Quakertown, With Torx screws, Wrench, Hard coat anodize, full width cross slots and a little Lower. These mounts are 69.99 Also available in heat treated 4140

Thank you for the Plug!
    geo

Basic Member

I'll second the EGW because they make a good mount and have excellent customer service. A sponsor and good people to deal with.
    Frank

One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375

TAB

Bench Source

Bench Source also has a one-piece picatinny mount for Savages. http://www.bench-source.com/index.html

Here's a review from this site. http://savageshooters.com/index.php?...w=Bench-Source Scope Base

TAB

TAB

PS

Sharp Shooter Supply has both Farrell and Bench-Source bases at the best prices I found anywhere.

TAB

lwink

great to see EGW on the board!