Hello,
I am looking for recomendations for muzzle loading elk hunt in Colorado for the fall of 2013 for 2 hunting buddies and myself.
We all have 3 pref pts and have applied for a 4th, so tags should not be an issue.
We have hunted elk 3 x's in Colorado,2 north of Kremmlin and once by Gleenwood springs.
All times were do it yourself.
We would like to stay out of CWD areas, below tree line, and do not plan on it being fully guided.
I am looking any references or recommendations for a drop camp, private property and or National Forest ground, but our funds are limited for the cost involved. WE do not expect this to be free by any means, but it should be reasonable.
We have planned on 4x4 truck, set up camp, and walk in to hunt, or drive to pick up point if it is a horse drop camp.
I also have a 10x14 canvas wall tent, or a pop up camper, if need be.
Other than Craigs list and the internet, all I can do is talk to game wardens or biologists and then google earth for a terrain idea.
I have seen Magnus 5 on the internet, and a couple of others, just not sure of what to expect, they are trying to get MY BUSINESS after all.
ANY INFORMATION would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks to all.