Thread: Just another coyote day.

Basic Member

Just another coyote day.

Had today off so out I went to hit some state lands I have not called on since winter. I had shot a few here over time and had em all over Antelope seaon getting well feed on innards.
    1st set and 10 minutes into it and a coyote appears from no place to see who is making out. I have a montana decoy & mojo going at 80 yds up wind of me. I am laying prone along a fenceline & I hardly see it...Bam dropped it at 87 yds & its 6am. I play for another 10 min, get up and darn if its mate was not coming up from downwind of me and barks like no end at me. I could not see behind me as the hill rises & blocks that area. Well NEXT time!.
    I set up in another state section off the main dirt road. This area is all wide open/ low rolling hills with a gully/creek that runs through it, but I have seen them in here before.
    Its overcast and light misting on & off.
    I am playing female vocals/breeding/feeding sounds. Here comes #1 at 600 yards on a fast trot and never stops...keeps the distance and goes, but is looking right at the decoy & mojo. Darn it I think the decoy blew that one.
    I keep at it and here comes #2 at 300 yards, fast trot off the way I walked in sees the decoy and heads right to the side of the gully...I bark at it, stops and drops into the gully...set over. Seen them both walking back to the truck at 1000yds +.
    Second picture is from Sundays hunt, 256 yd shot....mangey as heck.

Basic Member

Re: Just another coyote day.

NICE !!!!