Thread: Installed new criterion 6.5 creedmoor barrel now the thing shoots way left

Basic Member

Installed new criterion 6.5 creedmoor barrel now the thing shoots way left

I Installed a new criterion now it shoots 8in left 12in low anything i can do to fix this i wish the barrel was indexable? Im thinking burris Z rings? Or is there another solution im missing?

Re: Installed new criterion 6.5 creedmoor barrel now the thing shoots way left

I have seen greats shifts in poi after barrel changes. Doesn't matter if is the same calibur or not. One of my Strikers I had to physically move the rear luepold base left or right to get it on paper at 25 yards. But, once sighted in it shoots.

Basic Member

make sure nothing is binding before you get a stroke and that includes the index pin on the recoil lug. Just a little bind goes a long way. if you can't find anything i myself would break it down and put it back together just like it was the first time. That can relieve any stress and binding that is not noticeable. Then you start looking at everything else and know it is not a stress related problem.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

Basic Member

I used the same recoil lug cant see any issues there.

Basic Member

Burris rings are great for alighning

Basic Member

I have issues with the recoil lug not being square with the receiver dont know if the lugs tweaked or what i think ill order a new lug. Should have replaced it when i did the barrel at that time i didnt feel it was necessary I was wrong!!!

Advertiser

Quote Originally Posted by savy22br
    I have issues with the recoil lug not being square with the receiver dont know if the lugs tweaked or what i think ill order a new lug. Should have replaced it when i did the barrel at that time i didnt feel it was necessary I was wrong!!!
    Which recoil lug are you using?

Basic Member

I think it was factory lug i just ordered a new 1/4in lug made by hollands competition i hope this ones better quality.

northlander

When you ordered the Holland Lug did you order one with the alignment pin for your Savage Action? Is your Holland Lug .250 or thinner? If not you may not have enough threads to head space your barrel. Stay with a .250 and under when you are using the Savage Large Shank Barrels, they have fewer threads and thus much less adjustment.

Jim Briggs
    NSS