Thread: Trigger pull..... again

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...

Trigger pull..... again

I have my triggers adjusted just right for me. Nice light pull, just a snootch or overtravel, smooth as fine chinese silk. Except for one....

I have an '06 that will not cooperate. I've done all the usual adjustments, polishing & lubricating & it's still a little too hard. I'd like to lighten it up a bit more. This particular '06 is my most recent acquisition from a local pawn shop. It's more like an ex-wife. I can't seem to do anything to make it happy.

Where is an easy place to get some of that piano wire & what diameter is it? Any other pertinent info I need about the wire?

Lastly, is there any other way to get in touch with Jim B. from Northland SS? I sent him a couple emails & called a few million times. No respones to the email & the phone is always busy. I may just end up sitting at my desk & keep hitting the "recall last number" button until I get thru.

Thanks
    Frank in Fla

'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

northlander

Re: Trigger pull..... again

Frank,
    Later in the afternoon and later in the week is usually the slower times.

Jim Briggs
    NSS

Frank in some past posts they say the local fishing tackle store, buy a spinner bait and use the wire from it.Others have said the music store for piano wire.I think they have said .040 dia..
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

Basic Member

Buzz bait wire is the right size. I get mine from a tackle shop that builds lures, so I only have to buy the naked wire. Last time I went in the owner gave me a half dozen pieces, but I had just bought $200+ in tackle. If you can't find the wire, post your address and I will send you a couple.

thomae

Quote Originally Posted by fgw_in_fla
    Where is an easy place to get some of that piano wire & what diameter is it? Any other pertinent info I need about the wire?
    Frank, Check this thread, especially the final post by halfmile.
    http://savageshooters.com/SavageForu...c,25681.0.html

82boy

If you have an 2006 Savage, with an accu-trigger the piono wire trick will not work. The pino wire is a way to lighten trigger pull, on the older triggers. (Pre accu-trigger.) Most used something around .040. If it is an accu-trigger there is other things to try.

Basic Member

Thanks guys ..

Since I live on the east coast of Florida where fishing is the no. 1 past time (right after the other no. 1 past time - Golf) - I'll have little or no trouble finding what y'all are specifying. Plenty of bait & tackle shops in the area.

The rifle in question is an older - circa 2005, non-accutrigger - Savage 30.06 package rifle. The stock is worse than junk but I made due with it by working a little magic on it. I added some weight in the stock, bedded it, routed out the barrel channel for plenty of clearance & cooling and a bunch of other minor stuff.

The last item on the list is lighten the trigger pull. I have the adjustment backed out as far as It'll let me go without slam firing. I figured it's time to try a new spring / wire.

Thanks for everyones response & input. That'll be my project for the weekend. Shopping in fishing supply & tackle shops for rifle parts.....

I'll never convince the wife that I need a trigger spring & I have to go to every fishing shop on the coast ::)

Thanks, again.
    Frank in Fla.

ellobo

I'll never convince the wife that I need a trigger spring & I have to go to every fishing shop on the coast

Frank, you have to understand somehing we old timers have found out after many years of wondering WTF is going on. And that is that all women are spring loaded in the PO position.

Werewolf

Quote Originally Posted by ellobo
    I'll never convince the wife that I need a trigger spring & I have to go to every fishing shop on the coast

Frank, you have to understand somehing we old timers have found out after many years of wondering WTF is going on. And that is that all women are spring loaded in the PO position.
    LOL, I'm still getting my lessons in this as well.

Frank, Remember that after you change the wire, you HAVE to adjust the trigger again. It will change the whole dynamic of the thing, and if you had it set light before it could cause slam fires.

Basic Member

Wolf - Thanks for the heads up on that info That would be quite the surprise to throw a round in the chamber & slap the bolt shut & have the S.O.B go off

And, if anyone's interested.... After 3 marriages, many, many girlfriends & numerous female friends, the best advice I can give another guy about understanding women Is DON'T!!!. Do not try to understand them. It's written in the bible somewhere I think. Thou shalt not EVER be able to understand women.

Just about the time you think you have an idea about how they function, they'll do a 180 on ya & completely confuse the situation. And, rest assured, it'll be your fault. No matter what it is... it'll be your fault. So.... If any of you guys are starting a relationship with your new found female companion.... Start the day by looking into her eyes and say "I'm sorry". It's the best way to start the day. She'll know you understand.
    What is it that you understand?.... You'll never know. But she will.

Stay well & always agree,
    Frank in Fla.

jeffreyC

And, if anyone's interested.... After 3 marriages, many, many girlfriends & numerous female friends, .
    Stay well & always agree,
    Frank in Fla.
    [/quote]

Someone once said "insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results"

FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

Basic Member

No Froggy... It wasn't the same thing each time. The first one gave me an ulcer, the second one gave me high blood pressure & the third has a lot of money. See.... It took 3 tries but I did get it right! ;D

In between marriage 2 & 3, I continued my search for the perfect woman. I had two requirement. She must be living & rich. I really made out on requirement number two. Sometimes I gotta wonder about number one though.....

thomae

Re: Trigger pull..... again - (Really off topic by this time!)

I remember the comedian Sam Kinison. At one point, after several failed marriages, he said that he would never marry again. It was easier to simply find a woman he didn't like about every 5 years and then give her a house and half of everything he owned.

Not sure what this has to do with trigger pull.... ;D

Basic Member

I loved Sam Kinison!
    My all time favorite skit that he did was about "Jesus was never married".

I recall watching it on HBO and laughing so hard I almost passed out.

Then I got divorced about 6 mos. later....

thomae..... Think about it. Trigger pull.... Divorce... I think is some cases they may be related.