So I want to do a bedding job on my rifle. I have never done it before but it seems like something I could do. The fact that its a single shot and there is ample room between the rear pillar and sear should make it easier. I like the stock just fine, so its not worth it to me to spend 500 bucks on a new stock when I would rather buy a new barrel from NSS. I am a electronics tech and a good amature machanic.

Looking at the pillars that are in there, I see that they are very thin and the first 2 contact the action and the rear is really close maybe .010-.030 below. Also the recoil lug contacts one side more than the other. The hole barrel and action points very slightly to the left but has adequate clearance for free floating.

My questions are, Should I just remove some wood to relieve the action and bed it with devcon or get new pillars and give it the whole nine yards.
If I re-do the pillars, what pillars should i get? and how much oversized should the holes be?

I am thinking that the contact points that determine the position of the barreled action are the barrel with tape wrapped around it to match the circumference of the inside of the stock and the rear tang with a couple layers of electrical tape. Is this correct?

To save your time, I have already read the technical atrical on accurateshooter.