Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Brux Blues

Basic Member

Re: Brux Blues

Quote Originally Posted by larrys1911
    Ive got a gunsmith story, there is a 1911 "SMITH" in Arkansas that completely DESTROYED a 9mm 1911 for me a few years ago.
    whole story is over on 1911forum. No its not Wilson but he is known in the IDPA and IPSC circles.

he never made it right and has no intentions to.

consider yourself lucky that you are out "time" I have a $1500 PAPERWEIGHT

Larry
    you must have missed that i have already paid 500 for the barrel and chamering....

sinman

My lead times may get extended and I do make mistakes as I am human but one thing I do is try to make my customers as happy as they can be and I would say 99% of mine are that way, some can't be pleased. As for paying up front I had to make it mandatory as I have sat on over a dozen items ($400-2100) that customers backed out on after they were custom made for them. I know it sucks waiting for barrels but I will guarantee you will love any Sin Arms product that you get from me. I also make a huge effort to take all the calls I can and answer emails as soon as I can (15-40 calls and 40-100 emails a day). Jamie when you get your barrel I am sure you will love it and again I am sorry I ordered the wrong blank for you.

Basic Member

Barrel lead times are always an estimate. I've waited 18 weeks on a 6 week time estimate before (not from Sin Arms), and this was without any mis-ordered barrels. They just took that long! I was frustrated when it happened, but after shooting the barrel, it was all worth it. I would rather wait for quality than rush and get a sloppy product. Just sit back, try and forget about the barrel, and be pleasantly surprised when it shows up at your door. ;D

Andrew

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by sinman
    My lead times may get extended and I do make mistakes as I am human but one thing I do is try to make my customers as happy as they can be and I would say 99% of mine are that way, some can't be pleased. As for paying up front I had to make it mandatory as I have sat on over a dozen items ($400-2100) that customers backed out on after they were custom made for them. I know it sucks waiting for barrels but I will guarantee you will love any Sin Arms product that you get from me. I also make a huge effort to take all the calls I can and answer emails as soon as I can (15-40 calls and 40-100 emails a day). Jamie when you get your barrel I am sure you will love it and again I am sorry I ordered the wrong blank for you.

Devin i was not trying to drag you thru the mud..Just wanted to know how many others have had this issue not TRYING to single you out in any way..I am very sorry if i did.I do not blame anyone for wanting payment for a barrel they will have to pay for out their pocket.I realy look forward to seing my barrel.

Never any smith screw ups, just middle man barrel ordering mistakes. They did not listen to what I said or do what I asked. Nothing complicated. Thread for a savage and chamber. They sent blanks and I had to get my local smith to finish them. Probably fared out better anyway.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

sinman

Jamie, it's ok I'm not trying to hide anything and I definitely want my customers to speak out good or bad. I know some places try to hide stuff like that but I will not be one of them. I am here to try to make the best products I can and make my customers as happy as they can be. Most know I do this as a second job so I am not out there trying to get every last penny I can I just do it for the joy of making kick ass products. And you weren't trying to single me out at all I just wanted to speak up to say yes you are my customer and not hide in the corner. Thanks again for the business Jamie

Basic Member

Should have my barrel this week.. got a email from sinman saying he got it and will chamber it and send it to me...Im like a kid in a candy store......this is my first brux i hope it is good as my krieger and,criterion .

Basic Member

I've had a smith forget to finish the polishing of a bore for me. The barrel was a Douglas 308w barrel. Long story short, I called the smith back and he told me to ship the barreled action back. He paid for shipping both ways and corrected the problem. Now, this rifle is one of the most precise rifles I've ever seen.

I try and give gunsmiths the benefit of the doubt, realizing that they are human and make mistakes. A good smith will stand by his work.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Basic Member

So far Devin has..He is human and works his tail off ...

I am curious as to why it takes nearly 2 months to get a barrel blank? is it cuz they do a batch run every so often?
    newbie from gr, mi.

Basic Member

Brux has a long lead time on barrels right now(that time of year).As no one has the savage varmit contour in stock.i could have bought a dif. barrel but i wanted the skip fluted brux..It matches my fluted bolt from SSS.

82boy

Quote Originally Posted by parkj5
    this is my first brux i hope it is good as my krieger and,criterion .
    Well I can say this if you Brux are anything like what I have gotten from SSS, you will forget about any Kriger or Criterion barrel you have ever owned. My Brux on my Bat, has won me many matchs, it is the best barrel I have ever got. (Better than all 4 of my kriegers, ((I have 1 Kreiger that will match it on my Panda.)) my Bartlines, Critrerions, Shilen, and Hart.) I had to order another for my Panda, and when it get in, all I can say is look out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12