Thread: Stevens 200

Basic Member

Stevens 200

Has anyone noticed or have knowledge of savage dropping the stevens 200 in .223 from there line this year ? It still shows in there online catalog but My dealer shows me it does not show in stock at any distibutors. What gives, Any Ideas ?

Basic Member

Re: Stevens 200

Probably just not back around for manufacture yet, if they batch their production.

I have a feeling that there's a lot of people buying 223 Savages, Stevens and Axis rifles for conversion to 300 Blk.. I've seen many stories of people buying new 223 rifles / actions to be donors for 300 Blk rifle builds.

Once the 300 Blk was cancelled, and the extraction/ejection issues have been significantly worked through, a lot of people decided to roll their own 300 conversion.

That, along with the election year gun rush, probably has the distributors short on supplies.. You can probably find one on Gunbroker, and have it transferred through your dealer...

SC

PS I just picked up a 200 Stevens in Camo Stock for that very same purpose, even though I have 3 available actions with .473 bolt heads..
    "Dum spiro, spero" - While I breathe, I hope.

Colon Terminus

Re: Stevens 200

Bud's has 'em for $337.00.
    Reserved for VIP members.
    But they are in stock.
    Might be worth paying the VIP membership fee, I dunno.