Thread: Stevens 200 w/ new Vortex

Basic Member

Stevens 200 w/ new Vortex

Just wanted to post a couple pics of my Stevens 200 in 308 now that I believe it is complete. I bought it stock back in September and pretty much changed everything on it.

CBI 26" barrel
    Rifle Basix
    B&C Medalist Stock
    Vortex Viper 6.5x20x44

Re: Stevens 200 w/ new Vortex

very nice! It looks almost exactly like one that I built a while back....LOL
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member

Looks good. The Viper is on my short list for my build. When my Crossfire II comes in, I'll put my Sighton on my Savage, Vortex on the Howa. Will have to wait and see what kind of deals are floating around when I get $600 in my gun fund again though. What reticle did you get? You'll really like that RB trigger too.
    A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. ... Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.<br /><br />Thomas Jefferson

Basic Member

I got the PA reticle (just a plain old crosshair). I got the scope brand new from CameraLand for $289 if you don't want to save up $600 for the Viper. Regarding the Rifle Basix, it is an awesome trigger!

Basic Member

Gotcha. I prefer some sort of BDC reticle, and those seem to run a little higher. I'm thinking Vortex EBR, Leupold Varmint Hunter, and similar for varminting. I've even thought about Mil-Dot. FFP isn't needed so that will keep the cost down though. Let us know how it shoots when you get a chance.
    A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. ... Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.<br /><br />Thomas Jefferson

dfwbob

Is that a Tactical Works stock pack? They are about the only place I know of that carry a stock pack that holds 8 cartridges.

Nice looking rig. I have the same stock on my 10FP. I also just picked up the new Midway exclusive scope made by Vortex. I will have to wait a month or so to pickup new 30 mm rings for it.

Cycler

I'm happy to find I'm not the only one who turned a $500 rifle into a $1200 rifle! I bought a left handed HFP Model 16 in 7mm-08 a few years ago and was disappointed to find I had one of the 1:11.5" twist barrel. One thing led to another and I sent it off to SSS for:

Action T&T
    24" Varmint weight stainless Douglas 1:9" twist barrel
    SSS Recoil Lug
    SSS Monte Carlo Laminated stock, pillar and glass bedded.

Also added a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 mm SF scope in an EGW one piece mount.

All up it doubled the cost (and weight) of the rifle but it shoots much better.

Had I realized what was going to happen I would have bought the bare action as that's all that's left of the original.

Team Savage

Welcome to my wolrd
    drybean

CBI 26" barrel
    that is in a varmint contour I am guessing? hard to tell in the pic