Thread: Another Accutrigger Pull Question

Cycler

Another Accutrigger Pull Question

I didn't want to encroach on the other "trigger pull" thread so this is a new question on the same subject.

I have an older Mk II GL pre-E-receiver with the Accutrigger. The trigger pull adjustment spring is an open coil design and the top is held in place by a short stud on the receiver bottom, On this rifle I was easily able to remove and clip one coil from the spring and now have a very nice 2 pound trigger pull with no problems.

However, I also have a new Mk II BTVLS with the E-receiver and an Accutrigger that won't adjust below 3.5 pounds. This rifle's trigger pull spring is a very different design. It has several closed coils at the top and a piece of the spring wire goes across the top of the cylinder. It also just butts up against the bottom of the receiver with no stud or other retainer. Cutting one coil from this spring will have little to no effect as far as I can see and may cause it's top anchor to shift.

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to handle this newer trigger type? I'm familiar with the Rifle Basix replacement trigger but would rather not spend the $85 if I don't have to.

grynerfan2

Re: Another Accutrigger Pull Question

Some have drilled, tapped & screwed a set screw into the receiver base. Grind the threads off most of the screw so it'll be a smooth stud to hold the end of the spring in place.
    Or just drill and epoxy something similar into the hole. A plastic post perhaps.

Savage must have saved all of .001 cents per gun by eliminating the stud.

Uncle Jack

".....Savage must have saved all of .001 cents per gun by eliminating the stud."

Decisions concerning trigger design are seldom made by engineers alone.

uj

coupeflyer2

Just replaced the spring in my new MKII with the trigger spring out of an Axis CF. Now has a nice crisp 2 lb. trigger. The Axis spring is shorter and lighter. Works great and passes the bump test (Accutrigger should take care of that problem anyway). So, don't throw away that Axis trigger spring when you lighten up the pull on your Axis by replacing the spring.

D. Jenkins