Thread: New Weaver $15 Picatinny mount for Axis

180pilot

New Weaver $15 Picatinny mount for Axis

Just ordered Picatinny base from Weaver, new # 48347, one piece for Axis. Midway or Brownells do not have it yet. $ 15.41 + shipping, on back order 1-2 weeks. 866-788-7386.

miassmaro98

Re: New Weaver $15 Picatinny mount for Axis

im thinking of ordering the egw model

762X51

Did you get your base yet? Just curious how it worked out. We need a review as soon as you get to use it.

all savages have the same
    base?
    watch out for the front screws they were long in my case for 110
    newbie from gr, mi.

180pilot

Negative for one piece Axis bases, spacing is different. Two piece for 10-110 will work. One has to watch all screw lengths on any mount, I've had too long ones from more then one manufacturer bind bolt from locking up.

jasta

Any chance of a link as I cant find them on any site?

THANKS

762X51

So you did or didn't get it? No comment? Like it or not? Any pictures?

180pilot

Do not have it yet. Not on Weaver site yet either. And my rifle has to go back to Savage, barrel machining is junk.. Not going to be doing any review for awhile >

762X51

Quote Originally Posted by 180pilot
    Do not have it yet. Not on Weaver site yet either. And my rifle has to go back to Savage, barrel machining is junk.. Not going to be doing any review for awhile >
    Download Weaver's .pdf catalog on their website...it's in there. Yeah I saw your internally threaded barrel. They must employ blind monkeys in quality control, I mean, how hard was that to overlook? Don't feel bad, I'm sending a brand new Ruger M77 back today. It won't close on a chambered round. Gunmaking has reached a sad state.

180pilot

Yes, that's where I first saw it, but not pictured in their store for purchase under Savage rifles.

No chamber, had same issue with this rifle, bolt has to be jammed down hard with new 7mm-08 Serbian Prvi ammo, (wanted some factory ammo for initial testing), but it is the ammunition, and Midway has had many complaints. I just took decapping stem out of my RCBS .308 FL die and ran the factory loaded round into it with a little Imperial wax lube and then the bolt closed on them easily..

It appears all are trying to turn out as many firearms as fast as they can with the current "fear" demand, perhaps they all think firearms will be banned if the Dems stay in, and they want to make as much profit now as they can.

180pilot

Called company doing online sales for Weaver, about my order, seems the # 48347 has still not come into their inventory?? I ordered it on Feb. 29, at which time they said 2 weeks......... ::) They now say May 14th.... if not, I have the Warne Maxima steel nickel plated two piece mounts # M902S and #M905S. I can use..with Burris Signature Zee Rings with gimbaling composite inserts. That will take care of any misalignment between two piece mounts. Still do not have rifle back from Savage..... :'(

lockwoodjohn

Hi Everyone,
    I ordered my solid base from EGW, Was told about it here on this sight. Took about 3 days to get it. Cost a little more the the weaver
    base, Fits like a glove, The screws were not to long either. Can find out about a lot of neat stuff on this sight.

Thanks Alot Gentlemen
    Lockwoodjohn

Team Savage

lockwoodjohn,become a member
    $12 a year ,& great deals in the classifieds

drybean

toobrie

Just ordered from BHPhotoVideo.com a few days ago. They were in stock, but not sure now. Got it today, and only cost 18.00 with shipping. Here are a few pictures of it. Fit is better then the factory mounts and there is a ton of adjust ability, finally.

180pilot

Just great, I buy a lot of goodies from B&H. Co. doing web sales for Weaver, (Order Tree), has their head up somewhere if they can't get it to me before B&H > will cancel my order with them Monday and re-order from B&H.

Thanks..

Done, ordered from B&H with UPS to CA. $18.00

randyjrr

R e: New Weaver $15 Picatinny mount for Axis

Hi all
    I'm new here, but this is why I came to the forum. Does anyone have the item number for the base from BHPhoto.com?? I would like to order one also.
    Bought my Axis about 10 days ago, and elected not to purchase one with the scope already mounted. I knew that I would never be satisfied with a 3x9, so I figured that I would use the extra $$ for optics better suited for me.

I chose the Axis for the price and accuracy, and am looking forward to posting a range report, when I get it ready to fire.
    (But I am also waiting for a AM stock to become available, tapping on the outside of the stock and hearing hollow plastic drives me crazy.)

Team Savage

any links or a web site for the AM stock

drybean

180pilot

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...tialSearch=yes

Appears good Weaver quality, a semi-matt black with 16 slots. I'm working on other projects right now, but did do a inletting paste fit of the mount to the receiver. Pressed down by hand, to see how it contours to receiver, and it shows good contact, with 100% contact front and rear in the area of the 4 screws, and 50% contact in the center along one side. There is a cutout and relief contour along the ejection port side. The suction with the paste made it very difficult to remove, so I consider it a very good fit, and may pull down even better with the screw tension. The "ring" the metal makes when tapped, is indication of hard, strong alloy.