Thread: Need help

Hippy

Need help

I am trying to get my $%%##&& together and build a Savage- I Have two stocks, a Factory Laminated-fiberglass, two bbl's 204,223, tatical bolt handle,single shot adapter,FAT recoil lug , 223 bolt head,barrel wrench and Rifle Basic trigger( they one with the DVD instructions). I have been collecting these for over two years-ONE PIECE AT A TIME LOL

I have found a 200 Stevens in 308 for a VERY reasonable price ,(here is where the dilemma BEGINS) ::) I talked to the shop that has the rifle and asked him to measure the action bolt spacing and he gave me 4 3/8" , I figure 4.40 the stocks I have measure 4.275 as near as I can tell center to center. This shop is a 75 mile one way drive and if I call and ask him to remeasure he may get "Testie" > I am sure mine are rite as I used a dial caliber and both measured the same.

Will this/is this the right action for the stocks I have ???

Thanx,
    Jim

Team Savage

Re: Need help

no but you can always relocate the front piller

drybean

Basic Member

Your stock is for the staggered feed action the one that the shop has is a newer center feed action. Look at the classifieds they pop up occasionally here or contact Jim at Northland Shooter Supply he may have a SF action. You can get the rifle from the shop and use that stock until you get one from Boyds, Stockey's, etc.

stangfish

....or you could get the stevens and sell your stocks then buy a new one later. You then would have a 308, 204 and a 223.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.