Thread: 24C Series S

Marshal

24C Series S

I hope this is the right section for this. I inherited this over/under about 5 years ago and I'm finally getting around to reconditioning it. The thing had been dropped by my uncle, the rear sight and forend were torn off, along with all the forend's parts and pieces. I guess he didn't care enough to recover any of the odds and ends. So far I've located the sight, and about 7 of the 10 pieces to the forend. I was wondering if anyone has any idea where to find a forend spring, or if anyone knows if a newer part might be interchangeable. Like a "redesign" that wasn't really redesigned all that much? The other 2 parts I haven't located are screws, I'm fairly sure Home Depot will have something close enough to work.

Re: 24C Series S

Try Numrich Gun Parts.

bigkelly

marshall to to savage24.com for more info on your gun

Marshal

Numrich was actually where I located most of the parts. They were just missing the one spring, but I checked a little deeper and found a forend kit that included it. Shame on me for not checking a little further. I'll check savage24.com too, just to see if they know anything I dont. thanks yall.

Marshal

Figured I'd just bump this rather than starting a new thread. So I got all the bits and pieces, refinished the stock to match the new fore grip, all that fun stuff. Got it pieced back together and discovered that all it takes is a semi firm tug on the fore grip to remove it from the weapon. Is that normal? I tried adjusting the tang to increase the pressure holding it on, but didn't have much success. I've got some ideas on how to "fix" it if it's a design flaw, but I want to be sure before I go all backyard gunsmith on this puppy.