Thread: Factory trigger question(s)

BruceH

Factory trigger question(s)

I had a chance to pick up a used 110 30-06 today and noted that the trigger pull seemed rough. Once I got the action out of the stock, I noted that the trigger group had some rust and probably had never been oiled or cleaned. I took the unit off and apart and the first thing I noticed is that the safety bearing pin in the trigger bracket assembly will fall out either side very easily. It looks like it is supposed to be more of a permanent pin. Am I correct? It is making reassembly very difficult as it keeps falling out. I guess I could brad each end to help keep it in, but thought I would seek knowledge here first. Thanks in advance.

Edited. Well, after doing what I should have done before posting - read the Wood's disassembly manual - I see that it is meant to be removable. The ends have a little corrosion (crud) on them and I assumed they were braded at one time. I guess the spring tension is meant to hold them in during reassembly and the stock recess will keep it from working out later?

Basic Member

Re: Factory trigger question(s)

The safety detent spring is what keeps it in place. It is easiest to install the pin , then the safety bar,pushing the safety to the on position. This will capture the pin while assembling into the receiver.
    "As long as there's lead in the air....there's still hope.."

BruceH

Re: Factory trigger question(s)

SS,

Yep, that worked. I was basically overthinking the issue.