Thread: Pics of the 112BT

Basic Member

Pics of the 112BT

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that helped me through the saga of getting this gun. Just wanted to share some pics to show the condition and features of the gun. According to Savage it is a mid-year 1995 production. Their records only go back to November 1995.

I really hope that this works like it is supposed to. !!!

Basic Member

Re: Pics of the 112BT

Yeay it worked! ;D
    Lots of reasons that I was attracted to the gun, but I think the stock is about as nice as any factory stock I have seen. A very smooth satin finish with no nicks into the wood. Only a few superficial scuffs.
    I ended up with the Springfield scope that was on it, for the sake of originality and keeping it "in the family". I shot it today for only teh second time, and with cheap Federal ammo I managed to pile four holes on top of each other at 50yds. The fifth was a flyer, but was still touching the other four.
    I am still debating whether or not to put the CameraLand Viper special 6.5-20 on this gun, or on my 110E I picked up before. I have to admit that the Springfield does its job better than I thought, and the glass is as clear as any other optics I looked through in my quest for a scope. The 110 is a sweet shooter too, so I will get some quality 30mm rings for the Leupold base and try it.

Please share comments, questions, and concerns,
    I enjoy the dialogue!
    David
    David

ellobo

Looks like you got a hellova rifle there. Do I see a P-17 Enfield in the background? Price? And what are those odd looking rifles that look like long barreled pistols I see on the back wall?

El Lobo

Basic Member

Yes,
    Not my collection, took these at the gun store. But yes they always have a variety of Enfields and Mausers. They even have a Johnson rifle for sale that they got from somewhere. Great selection of new and used. Low price and high volume. He just started carrying savage field demo guns. New rifles at used prices! I think those pistols are Czech or something like that. Neat but shoots some oddball caliber.
    Thanks for looking,
    David

Basic Member

It looks b e a ut. For those of us who aren't admitted savage addicts, could you provide a little more information on it. I've never seen one with savage competition written on the bolt, or a channel in the bottom of the stock.

Looks awesome though ! What caliber is it? And that's an adjustable comb in the stock right?
    Couple rf's, couple cf's, and 1 12g.

Everything I once held dear
    I count it all as lost

Very nice looking rifle. You did well!

pitsnipe

Yes, a beautifull piece of wood there. One question though, is that rear base on backwards? Prolly for spacing purposes.
    Great shootin!!!

Basic Member

It is in .308 caliber. The rifle is right at 47 inches long. It has a 24" heavy barrel with a Target crown. The barrel tapers off at the endto be able to clamp on competition iron sights. It holds 5 bullets in an internal magazine. The cheekpiece is indeed adjustable and is spring loaded. The finish is has a satin feel to it. The rear sight base may be backwards but it works for the Springfield scope. I raise the cheekpiece about .5" and the eye relief is right on. I was told by Savage that the gun was made in the middle of 1995. They could not be more specific since their records only go back to 11-95. It has an anschutz rail on the bottom that is marked in inches and cm. I haven't found anyone who could tell me how to use it yet. It also has a Wundhammer palmswell, if that means anything. I have not shot it beyond 50yds, but it is definitely a one holer in the right hands. I have no real experience shooting but I can put five rounds touching each other with only a plastic sawhorse and a towel for a rest. About 3/4". I need more practice and to build me a shooting bench. I think the rifle as it is pictured weighs 12lbs. That is all I know, hopefully someone who knows more will chime in. In ended up paying 910$ total for rifle and scope. The rifle and scope look brand new.
    Thanks for looking,
    David