Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: When is Savage bringing the 25 in 17 hornet to market?

davemuzz

Re: When is Savage bringing the 25 in 17 hornet to market?

Quote Originally Posted by futr_trooper
    coming from a guy that owns upwards of 20 savages. this is disheartening.......keep stringing us along and then nothing...... shoulda had the bugs worked out before they released it
    Yup, Yup, and I couldn't agree more.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by appleseed
    CZ hints the same "new for 2012" in 527 model. But haven't seen them from factory, or there is a custom available on gunsamerica.
    CZ I believe is due first quarter 2013 in the USA according to reports at Saubier.
    Cheers...
    Con

JerryP

I just talked to Savage and the salesperson said an email was issued yesterday that 200 17 hornets will be shipping this week to various distributors.

davemuzz

Quote Originally Posted by JerryP
    I just talked to Savage and the salesperson said an email was issued yesterday that 200 17 hornets will be shipping this week to various distributors.
    200... ::)...Well....I can tell you I won't be one of those guys.

leo158

That doesn't even equal 4 to each state.

Quote Originally Posted by leo158

That doesn't even equal 4 to each state.

Are you using Obama's state count or the number of stars on our flag?
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

leo158

Anyone get one of the 200 rumored to be shipped last week?

Trent

Where is the rumor from?

leo158

[quote=Trent ]
    Where is the rumor from?
    [/quote

Page 2 0f this thread and forum.

Trent

Ahhh.

mcho
    Talked to Savage yesterday and she said: The 22's are going out now but check next month on the 17's. Oh Well! Mark

Basic Member
    Send your CZ to sinman and he'll put you a switch barrel with smooth barrel nut on your .221fb or .22 hornet. Mine works, it was another test project for Devin.

leo158
    Come on savage. I am still waiting here for the 17. Also I would like to know is it possible for us to get the 3600fps out of reloads or are we being chained by hornady to buy their ammo? If so,then I would think the remmys would be the better choice to just download their 17. Just rantin a bit. Dan

Big Old Boy
    caii Hornaday they will give you the load info.

davemuzz
    Yeah....I have load data from Hornady. I have bullets. I have brass and I have powder. I even have the dies and I have had 'em for 2 months or more. I just wish Savage or CZ or someone would release a bolt action rifle in .17 Hornet. Sometime.....before I die...in the near future.....like they said they would......weeping, weeping........sniff, sniff.

mcho
    I talked to Savage yesterday and was told that they have started shipping the 17HH to wholesalers!!!!! I hope it is true. Mark

davemuzz
    They shipped one yesterday.......one will go out next week......then another by November.........Oh man...it's killin me.......

leo158
    I have read that Cabelas was going to get the first orders shipped to their stores before all others. True or not, but I don't have a Cabellas within 4 hr drive of me. Dan

mcho
    Cabelas headquarters told me that they ordered the Walking Varmiter but did not order any others. The Mitchel SD. store still does not have any, but one can always hope. Mark

davemuzz
    I just got off the phone with the Wheeling WV store and they are waiting just like everyone else.

21. 08-27-2012, 10:27 AM

Trent
    I saw a post on my Facebook wall this morning from Savage stating that they are now shipping the .17 Hornet in "great numbers". They should be available for those that want one.

GunBlast review on the rifle and cartridge.
    http://gunblast.com/Savage-25WV.htm

davemuzz
    Yeah......I'll believe that when the gun is available in mass quantities on Buds. I've been waiting for this gun since January in hopes of having a load developed for fox season. Well.....it's almost fox season and at this point, I'm not getting prepped for Pa. bow season. If they do ship 'em now, even though I have dies and brass (which I'm sure are in the back of my shelf all dusty at this point) I think I'm just going to wait and see how the actual reviews go and maybe pick one up in the spring. I'll just stick with my 17 Fireball for another year.

Trent
    You'd have to call Buds. I doubt it'll be on their website yet. Savage's Facebook post was just this morning. They didn't say they will be shipping, they said they ARE shipping. If you want one how bout you buy one and then YOU can review it. If you are willing to let everyone else buy them and review them then you can't be in much of a hurry. ;-)

davemuzz

Yeah.....What...with my new .17 Hornet dies, and my new .17 Hornet Brass...Oh...and I forgot to include in the pic my two boxes of Hornady .17 Hornet factory ammo....what was my hurry in wanting to get a rifle before hunting season began? You know....develop a load....get the right scope....get a proper fitting night light attached to the rifle, and do all of this plus handle my daily living "things." What was I thinking????

Trent
    I'm just posting that they are available. If you don't want one then move on. I'm not trying to manage your daily life.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast