Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: When is Savage bringing the 25 in 17 hornet to market?

GotCox

When is Savage bringing the 25 in 17 hornet to market?

ahhh i can't take it any longer, lol I can't wait to get this gun in my hands. It is going to be my excuse to get into reloading and and add to my 17 caliber collection. Anyone know when? Any idea's? How late does savage normaly come out with new stuff?

mcho

Re: When is Savage bringing the 25 in 17 hornet to market?

I talked to Savage late last week and they "said" they will ship in late April. :-\ I talked to Hornady and the gal did not know that the gun was not available yet. ::) Ask them to give Savage a little push and she said they would do that. Mark

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=281092701

I know it is not the 17 but they are taking pre orders for the 22 hornet. Say they are expected soon.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

Basic Member

Eh. I dunno maybe it'll be in the 'new for 2013' section of the 2013 catalog.
    Couple rf's, couple cf's, and 1 12g.

Everything I once held dear
    I count it all as lost

GotCox

The funds have been set aside, now just to decide if i want the thumbhole stock.....or the synth stock....hmmmm I can't wait for this rifle!

mcho

Talked to Savage again last week and she said that they were having some kind of problem and the guns did not meet there specs. She did not know when they would ship. "That was not what I wanted to hear. Mark

davemuzz

:-\ Oh...not good news. Hmmmm.....I guess that's why that little voice in the back of my head told me to hang onto my Stevens that I now have chambered in .17 Fireball. My "Plan" was to get the new Hornet in the Model 25 as it would b e a bit lighter to handle, then just re-barrel the Stevens with the 22-250 barrel that I picked up "along the way." Grrrrrr.......

Dave

Basic Member

Me too Dave, was considering selling the CZ switch barrel. I can have Devin spin out a 17 fireball a lot easier and cheaper than a new, "not soon to come" model 25. Can't get up with Devin however!

ArkyKen

Re: When is Savage bringing the 25 in 17 hornet to market? Got tired of waiting.

Got tired of waiting so, I sent a 17 HMR contender carbine barrel off to be rechambered in 17 hornet ! It done and on the brown truck heading home !!

weewilly

I don't have any idea what is holding the Mod. 25 from being built, they are still advertising in the gun rags, but haven't seen any caliber for sale that isn't older manufacture. I saw somewhere that someone is taking orders for 22 hornet, to be in soon! Looks like savage could give some of the people on this site information on what is holding them up, seems some on this board are in the know about Savage Arms. items before they are listed for sale.

leo158

Re: When is Savage bringing the 25 in 17 hornet to market? Got tired of waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkyKen
    Got tired of waiting so, I sent a 17 HMR contender carbine barrel off to be rechambered in 17 hornet ! It done and on the brown truck heading home !!
    I would think the hornet would need a different twist for the faster bullet than that of a 17 HMR.

I asked a couple of the different Savage Reps at the NRA annual meeting earlier this month and I was told the 22 Hornet and 17 Hornet will be out by the end of June. I was told that the hold up on all the Walking Varminter models was the stock. Apparently all the original ones had a defect due to the mold that was used and they had to remake their entire inventory of Synthetic model 25 stocks.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM

davemuzz

I'm generally not that impatient.....but I do recall when the 45-GAP was initially released, it was all talked up in all the gun rags.....but it took over a year and a half before any gun maker actually release their production model's for the public to buy. I was waiting and stalling to buy a 1911 in the GAP.....but eventually just gave up and bot a very nice 1911 in 45-acp.

I was at the range a few weeks ago and a club member was there shooting his Ruger Model 7201 in 22-Hornet. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...22HOR+WAL+7201 What a nice rifle....and a tac-driver as well.

Much more dilly-dally with this 17-hornet will cause me to send back all of my 17-hornet "stuff" to Midway in exchange for 22-hornet "stuff".

And I'll just be know as "impatient Dave" >

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by bootsmcguire
    I asked a couple of the different Savage Reps at the NRA annual meeting earlier this month and I was told the 22 Hornet and 17 Hornet will be out by the end of June. I was told that the hold up on all the Walking Varminter models was the stock. Apparently all the original ones had a defect due to the mold that was used and they had to remake their entire inventory of Synthetic model 25 stocks.
    Atleast they are catching it before they release them. Now if they can just catch it a little earlier impatient Dave would be lessthanimpatient Dave.
    Honestly though I am genuinely happy to hear they found something wrong. It beats putting the product in the customers hands and then having to fix that. (rather be slow and right than fast, wrong, and with a poor reputation)
    Couple rf's, couple cf's, and 1 12g.

Everything I once held dear
    I count it all as lost

mcho

I have seen that rumor before but that does not explain the hold-up on the wood stock models. ??? :-\ Mark

irondog54

I remember putting money down on a Bren Ten. Got
    It all back after 2 years, never saw the gun... :-[ :-[ I don't count
    On a gun till it's in the gun shop.

leo158

Quote Originally Posted by mcho
    I have seen that rumor before but that does not explain the hold-up on the wood stock models. ??? :-\ Mark
    On facebook, (rumor) it has accuracy issues. Maybe savage and hornady needs to get together and find the right charge for it. I do want to get my hands on one one they come out. Are any of the 22 hornets from savage released yet? I couldn't find any info on them.

davemuzz

apparently you can buy the Savage 22 Hornet. Here's one on Gun Broker. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=286194839

No you can't. They are taking pre-orders have been listed for about 3-4 weeks and always OUT OF STOCK.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

leo158

Any more info on 17 hornet release date

Big Old Boy

it should be out by 2014. I stoped waiting a got a Ruger 22-250.

Basic Member

CZ hints the same "new for 2012" in 527 model. But haven't seen them from factory, or there is a custom available on gunsamerica.

mcho

Per Savage: A mag fitment problem in all models. Call in about a month for more info. Mark

davemuzz

Well....someone inquired about buying my .17 Fireball barrel that's currently wrenched onto my Stevens frame. I'm glad I didn't sell it to him. (actually, I have the PM saved and I told him I'd gladly sell him the barrel as soon as I had the new Hornet in my grubby little paws.) Something tells me it's gonna be a 2013 issue. ::)

futr_trooper

coming from a guy that owns upwards of 20 savages. this is disheartening.......keep stringing us along and then nothing...... shoulda had the bugs worked out before they released it

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast