Has anyone free floated the entire action/rifle by removing all plastic touching the action/barrel and just having the rifle supported by the two studs in the stock ? I was wondering if accuracy could be improved by doing this. The rifle has had a trigger job, it's very light and clean breaking. The muzzle was cut off slightly, so I re crowned the barrel, also helping a slight bit. It has about 600 rounds through it now, so it's getting broken in.
I got very luckey in the purchase of this rifle, Penn State bought a bunch of MK1's for their shooting team then found them to be too light and sold them NIB, unfired for $225.00, so I jumped on one.

It's the MK1, the single shot with the peep sights. It's shooting pretty well, but I'm looking to see if accuracy can be improved so I can keep the synthetic stock on this action. The rifle does not have the cut out for the magazine in the action, which should make the action stiffer than the MKII.

Anyone tried this ? I intend to keep working with this rifle, trying different ammo, but hope to keep from spending the money for a wood stock. I think a very good shooting MK1 would turn some heads at the range being in the synthetic stock, might be fun.

Thanks, John K