Thread: CCI Quiet-22 Has anyone tried them yet?

thomae

CCI Quiet-22 Has anyone tried them yet?

Just wondering if anyone has tested the new CCI Quiet 22 ammo and would be willing to report.
    Thank you in advance.

Re: CCI Quiet-22 Has anyone tried them yet?

Not yet... but sounds like (pardon the pun) they should be almost as good as running suppressed, albeit with more bullet drop.

Eric in NC

I tried the Remington CBee 22 LR - pretty quiet and MOST rounds are fairly accurate but like any of the low velocity/low noise stuff I have tried, wicked fliers are pretty common (like 3" off from main group at 25 yards).

Maybe the CCI will be better (but it doesn't have the HP bullet like the Rem).

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eric in NC
    I tried the Remington CBee 22 LR - pretty quiet and MOST rounds are fairly accurate but like any of the low velocity/low noise stuff I have tried, wicked fliers are pretty common (like 3" off from main group at 25 yards).

Maybe the CCI will be better (but it doesn't have the HP bullet like the Rem).
    Not sure a HP would open at those speeds anyway.

hardluk1

I bought a 500 round box a couple weeks ago of the cci quiet. Paided 27.75 local for it. My wifes 10/22 will cycle them but mine will not relieably cycle with them. Mine has a new lighter recoil springs. So stay with a bolt rifle. Now wifes rifle with a good clark barrel will shoot 1" 25 yard groups and placeing 1" lower than wolf match . To me thats not a good group but it still would be a good hunting round with its 40gr bullet. Loudness out of the 16" barrel is by far less than a standard match ammo but a bit louder than a cb load. Out of a 25" remington 511P it is down right quiet and you here the fireing pin stick as much as the "putt" comeing from the barrel. and groups with the reciever sight is around 1 1/4" at 25 yards maybe better with good eyes. Oh, HP bullets are not needed if heads shot are made. Have not tried them in my savage bolt yet but will.

Eric in NC

It doesn't really "mushroom", but it does break apart along the score lines.

I haven't tried those yet but have tried the Remington "Subsonics" and they shot lousey "patterns", not groups at 50 yards.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

j3rd

I just tried out some of these and they are pretty quiet but they drop about 4 to 6" at 30 yards from my 10/22. The rifle hadn't been cleaned, I don't know if that had any affect.

Quiet-22s have the same velocity as CCI CBs, except they've got a 40gr bullet vs. 29gr on the CBs.

No surprise they've got a lot of drop, even compared to CBs and especially compared to any HV ammo.

Basic Member

I just shot some Saturday out of my FVSR with an aimpoint sight 50yrd groups ran about 1 1/2". this setup is for back yard varmints so I'm happy with it.
    Noise level is alot less then the WW power points I was shooting out of the 10/22.

thomae

Thanks for the replies everyone. I still have not found them locally, but it sounds as if they are worth at least a box or two to play with.

felkebg
    here is a test of various ammo shot from an FVSR with a Spectre II can on it. Point of aim is the same for all ammo. Ask questions if you have them.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by felkebg; 09-10-2013 at 12:58 PM.

13. 09-11-2013, 03:34 AM
    Reason
    Rule #7 Violation - Publically challenging the authority of the admin/moderators of this site.

14. 09-11-2013, 03:37 AM
    Reason
    Rule #7 Violation - Publically challenging the authority of the admin/moderators of this site.

Basic Member
    My Ruger 10/22 jambs on the Quiet 22s. Bought a Henry (and a used old, old ss) just so I can shoot anything from shorts to LR. I prefer the Velocitors over the Stingers. I bought a Velquartsen hammer for my Ruger; that's gotta be the worst trigger there is. Sorta pulls like a boat anchor.

I've found they shoot accurately enough out to about 35 yards, then behave very badly (BAD Boolit...BAD!) BUT- out of my MKII Classic 22" barrel, they are about the same sonically as a german RWS pellet gun I had. Up to 30 yards or so- no problem zapping Starligs and squirrels. So far, 31 pesty backyard...pests have fallen to the CCI Quiets. If you are really bored..I wrote a semi-fantasy story about shooting starlings and squirrels in my back yard. To my chagrin, it is STILL in the top spot in our small game forum. I mention the Quiets in the story. I procured three boxes of these from a friend on another forum..I like them for what they are designed to do. Brian
    Learning something new, experiencing something new and sharing the journey are reason enough to get out of bed each day!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrow1 View Post
    I've found they shoot accurately enough out to about 35 yards, then behave very badly (BAD Boolit...BAD!) BUT- out of my MKII Classic 22" barrel, they are about the same sonically as a german RWS pellet gun I had. Up to 30 yards or so- no problem zapping Starligs and squirrels. So far, 31 pesty backyard...pests have fallen to the CCI Quiets. If you are really bored..I wrote a semi-fantasy story about shooting starlings and squirrels in my back yard. To my chagrin, it is STILL in the top spot in our small game forum. I mention the Quiets in the story. I procured three boxes of these from a friend on another forum..I like them for what they are designed to do. Brian
    I have been meaning to email you Brian to see how they were working out for you. As I told you I had one hold accuracy with my one Henry at 25yd but I haven't stretched them to 50yd yet. Squirrel season is near, I need to fine tune those levers.

They do shoot awesome out of my 501 Striker.
    Aries by birth, Taurus by choice.

Quote Originally Posted by plinkin View Post
    I have been meaning to email you Brian to see how they were working out for you. As I told you I had one hold accuracy with my one Henry at 25yd but I haven't stretched them to 50yd yet. Squirrel season is near, I need to fine tune those levers.

They do shoot awesome out of my 501 Striker.
    Many thanks again- I do really enjoy them! Out on this side of the state we are starting to see some .22lr variety, but nothing like this or the 60gr. Sniper "Thumpers" LOL. A local friend gave me half box of the Sniper which I promptly shot up. I was surprised at the relative accuracy of them at 50 yards...but I digress (as usual)! Brian
    Learning something new, experiencing something new and sharing the journey are reason enough to get out of bed each day!

Basic Member
    Many thanks again- I do really enjoy them! Out on this side of the state we are starting to see some .22lr variety, but nothing like this or the 60gr. Sniper "Thumpers" LOL. A local friend gave me half box of the Sniper which I promptly shot up. I was surprised at the relative accuracy of them at 50 yards...but I digress (as usual)! Brian
    Midway had the Aguilla 60gr not to long ago but I didn't order them. I have been trying out their other ammo though.

Quote Originally Posted by plinkin View Post
    Midway had the Aguilla 60gr not to long ago but I didn't order them. I have been trying out their other ammo though.
    About a month ago I called them and they had 500 bulk pack of the Aguilla 60 gr....but I didn't want THAT many...I'll be keeping an eye out...thanks Brian

Basic Member
    About a month ago I called them and they had 500 bulk pack of the Aguilla 60 gr....but I didn't want THAT many...I'll be keeping an eye out...thanks Brian
    Maybe get a buddy to go in halvies with you.