Hello,
I am new to this forum. This is my first post.
A friend of mone lost her husband, and she is trying to sell her guns. I have my eye on a Model 112 that she has, but we are having a little trouble coming up with a fair value. Also, I have a few questions regarding if the gun is what I am looking for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I called Savage and they said it is a mid-year 1995 so they did not have specifics on it.
It is #F435905 and it is simply stamped with Model 112 on the barrel. It is a .308.
It says Savage Competition on the bolt and has Stainless Steel engraved on the barrel. Big bull barrel, maybe 30".
It has a laminate stock with an adjustable cheekrest and the cutout slits on the sides of the foregrip. It has a metal insert under the stock that has numbers from 8-20 marked on it. I guess for a bi-pod?
(The gun looks alot like the model 12 benchrest on Savage's website.)

It has a first gen Springfield Armory 4-14x56 scope mounted on it. It is a Mil-Dot scope that is laid out for a .308 from what I understand.
The gun overall is in beautiful condition and only has one superficial scratch on the stock.
Here are my questions:

Is this a swap barrel gun. and could I change it to 7mm or .338 Lapua?
Even in the current configuration, is thi a gun that could compete in 1000 yard matches?
I really want a rifle that will shoot long range 500-1000yds.
Is the gun, as it is setup, worth the $1100 she is asking?

Thanks for any input and I look forward to learning much!
Thanks,
David