Thread: Weaver Classic Extreme 6-24 & 8-32

Weaver Classic Extreme 6-24 & 8-32

I have a couple of questions for the guys that have these scopes.

How much internal elevation are you getting? I found an old weaver catalog that lists all the Classic Extreme scopes except for the 6-24/8-32 and it shows the internal adjustment is 50 moa. I'm assuming its going to be the same but would like confirmation.

How is the image quality at 24x or higher?

Thanks

Basic Member

Re: Weaver Classic Extreme 6-24 & 8-32

Jimbo,I recently purchased 2 of the Weaver Classic Extreme 6-24x50 scopes from Natchez on the closeout.They have some very good glass in them. Eye relief is almost too much,I have well over 4" with each of them.
    Both of mine had a total of 56 3/8 moa of adjustment from top-bottom of the adjustment range.I mounted one of them on my Savage 12 FLVSS 223 in Burris Signature Zee rings on top of a Farrell 1pc base.I put the 20moa inserts in the rings (Not that I need it with a 223),and after sighting in the rifle,I have 44 1/8 moa of vertical adjustment left in the scope.
    I mounted the other on my RRA 20" Varminter AR15 with an EOP upper,since the scope sets a lot higher than the bore centerline,I don't have as much adjustment with it.I haven't sighted it in yet,but I should have somewhere around 30-32 moa of adjustment with it.

I had a Sightron SII 4-16x42 on the Savage,and the Weaver CE is looking like a better scope. The Weaver Super Slam replaced the Classic Extreme,and I have a 3-15x50 Super Slam on another rifle.The glass in both of these scopes are really good,a little better than the SII but not as good as a Sightron SIII.
    For the price,The Classic Extreme's are a real steal.

Thanks for the reply Txhillbilly. Those scopes are looking good.

ah929rr

i should have the 8-32 here in a couple of weeks. i will let you know how it looks.

Just got a reply from Weaver optics regarding the scopes...I have the 8-32x50 and was wondering about the adjustment range myself (didn't wanna crank through the range to figure it out if possible).

6-24 = 44 moa of adjustment
    8-32 = 36 moa of adjustment

According to the reply I got, these are Philippine made for Natchez SS. Only had mine out once to sight it in, image quality was very good/clear.
    Does not come with lens covers or sunshade though.
    -Rick
    Unbiased AR15, Barnard, BAT, Borden, Browning, Kelbly, Marsh, Nesika Bay, Remington, Ruger, Savage, Ultralight Arms owner. I like 'em all.

Basic Member

Txhillbilly and Switchbarrel,

Do either of you have a picture of the reticle? Is the reticle too big for prairie dogs or long range (1000 yards) targets?

Thanks

36 moa seems really limited for a 30mm tube. Sounds like with a 20 moa base you may not be able to get a 100 yard zero and still come up short for 1000 yards. The scope looks perfect except for the adjustment range.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo88mm
    36 moa seems really limited for a 30mm tube. Sounds like with a 20 moa base you may not be able to get a 100 yard zero and still come up short for 1000 yards. The scope looks perfect except for the adjustment range.
    Depends on your caliber and set-up. My Nesika Bay 6.5x.284 Shehane will get on target at both 100 and 1K yards (it has a 20 moa base, Burris Sig. Zee rings & Nightforce 12-42x BR that has 40moa adjustment range). It's setup so that at 100 yards, the scope is nearly bottomed out. My load requires ~25 moa to go from 100-1000 yard zero's. So, I've got quite a bit of "up" elevation.

Quote Originally Posted by cqh1111

Do either of you have a picture of the reticle? Is the reticle too big for prairie dogs or long range (1000 yards) targets?

Thanks
    I tried to take a picture through the scope to show the reticle, I just couldn't get one that looked good enough to be useful. They are pictured on the Natchez site, just click on the reticle photo and it will enlarge. I got the German #4 reticle, not nec. my first choice but the best choice available for me. I wouldn't hesitate to put it on one of my long range BR rifles and use it in a match. I don't think it's too thick, the center portion of the reticle is pretty equal to a fine duplex. The outer portion is really thick (heavy duplex?) but, I find it almost draws my eye to the center crosshair. It's growing on me.

-Rick
    Unbiased AR15, Barnard, BAT, Borden, Browning, Kelbly, Marsh, Nesika Bay, Remington, Ruger, Savage, Ultralight Arms owner. I like 'em all.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by cqh1111

Thanks
    Here's a picture I took after I mounted the scope.It wasn't leveled yet.
    The tree's are right at 250 yds away,and the cow's about 240.

Here's one with the power turned up to 16x

Basic Member

Guys,

Thanks for the input and photos. Looks like I'll put one of the 8-32s on my next project. I've been eyeing the new 110fcp hs precision 300 win mag and think this scope will do just what I need.

Any other updates on the 8-32 scope? I'm looking at buying one soon.