I just got my Barens #4 manual a week ago, and couple days ago was loading up some 308 and '06 TTSX loads. Came across an odd issue. When using the listed loads for Varget and the 130grTSX, for the 308. I do not have the manual in front of me, but if memory serves me, it calls for a max load of 56gr Varget, no mention of compressed. The real odd thing is 55gr takes it to the TOP of the case mouth?????

I emails Barnes about this. I have loaded up some, working up, but I could barely keep the bullet in the case with only 55gr. I looked at my Hodgdons manual, to compare, and although they don't list the 130gr Barnes, their Sierra lists (IIRC) something like 54gr as mac, (COMPRESSED). I am sure my Tipped TSX is longer than the Sierra, although it, too, is a tipped boattail bullet.

I also had similar issues using BL C-2. Any one else run into this type of thing? Ever USE the stuff listed in the number 4 manual? Still waiting to hear back from them, I didn't write till Friday nite, so will probably be tomorrow sometime.