Thread: axis xp scope

squarebob

axis xp scope

Just how "bad" is the scope that comes with the axis xp. I haven't shot mine yet and was wondering what the problems with it are and should I replace it without even trying it out.

Bob

Re: axis xp scope

go shoot it and find out. it should work fine to sight it in.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

rs

The 3x9x40 bushnell that came on my axis pkg gun (308 win) IMO is worthless , it will not hold the POI , and probably really not worth the cost to send it back for repairs. Again this is only my opinion and others opinions may vary.

seanmurphy265

I did save money buying my axis, but I did spend a little extra and got me a Nikon scope. I'm not a fan of the Bushnell scopes.

dacaur

I used mine for a while and it worked fine and held zero just fine for me. I took it of because I wanted more magnification and an adjustable objective for hunting. We put it on my dads 30-06 and its worked fine there too.... Its not a bad scope.... just a no frills 3-9, if that good enough for you, then it will work fine.

rooster57

Amazon.com has this Leapers UTG Full Size AO Mil-dot Scope, 4-16 x 40 on sale for $66.97. I put one on my Axis 7mm-08 and love it! It is a lot of scope for the money. I thought originally it would be made in China at this price, but found that it is family owned company in Michigan. Some of the features include (5) different settings of illuminated Red/Green fine wire mildot, locking zero ring, flip up lens caps and a lifetime warranty just to name a few. I also bought another in the 4-16x50 for my Axis .223

You can check it out at Amazon.com and all the great reviews on it.

Also comes with accushot weaver style rings.

dacaur

Yes the company is based in Michigan, but the only things they actualy make are some of their rail systems and stocks. The optics are all imported, and at that price I'm guessing from china.... Glad you are happy with the scope. The reason its cheap is because the objective bell is much to small for that much magnification. Its fine for shooting during the day, but early morning/late evening or heavily overcast days could be a problem. the lighted reticle helps, but the small bell combined with glass the probably below mid grade will mean you could miss shots because you cant see.... For the money though, you cant expect top grade, its actually pretty amazing how much scope you can get for the money these days.... I wouldn't have dreamed you could get a 4-16 good for anything more than an airsoft gun at that price. Hope it holds up for you!

rooster57

Time will tell I guess, I have had it out at dusk to check it out and the optics are as clear as my Simmons 8-21x44 Mag series and paid over $100 for it on ebay. The way I see it, unless you want pay big bucks for a Leupold, Nikon or the like any scope you buy anymore is going to come China.

rooster57

I just purchased and installed the Leapers UTG 4-16x50 on my Axis .223 today and it's really a nice scope for the money. The optics are very clear all throughout from 4-16 power and excellent light gathering at dusk.

bushnell really isnt that bad but their upper tier stuff is what makes them ex the elites. the 3200s and legends were good but were disc in place of more exspensive elites

squarebob

I guess I will try out the el cheapo scope and just see how it does.
    Bob

CBR896

it seems that the general opinion is it that the package scope will be good enough while you save for something nicer...

Mattones

I have a Bushnell D&D 4-16x50 I plan to put on it :) I love the red/green crosshairs.

miassmaro98

I HAVE A 100 DOLLAR BUSHNELL 4X12X40 AND DON'T REALLY LIKE IT