Thread: 6.5 CSS

Basic Member

6.5 CSS

Wish me luck boys... selling my 6.5 Grendel upper and going to do a Savage in 6.5 CSS. It is the same round as the Grendel , but due to licensing it is called the 6.5 CSS.
    Lothar Walther makes a drop in barrel and I will get a PPC bolt head. I love this round in an AR, but I think I will get more use from the Savage. It will be used to punch paper and for Varmints too. I figure 95g for varmints and 107g SMK's for paper. Could go up to 123 g as it has a 1 in 8 twist. I like it for reduced recoil and frugal powder loading. (vs my .308)

My AR would do 3/4" groups at 200yds, and I am looking forward to the same. Possibly better velocities as the barrel will be 24" instead of 19.5"
    I'll be sure to post when I have some results.
    Integrity is easier to keep than to regain.

Re: 6.5 CSS

Looking forward to the report!

Basic Member

My 6.5x284 will stabilize the 142 grain bullets with a 1:8.5" twist
    Frank

One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375

Basic Member

The 8 twist will stabilize up to 160 grain bullets, have tried it in my 6.5 swede. I am interested in you project also, big 6.5 fan. Welcome to the site.

Basic Member

In response to the previous 2 posts...I think the round I have in mind will not push a 140g pill or heavier very well. Small case based on the PPC with about 30g avg. powder. Not alot of horsepower to move those beauties.
    I looked at the 6/6.5x47 Lapua, but I have dies and brass for the Grendel. So I thought why not just barrel my 10FCP in it and try some shooting.

Thanks

Basic Member

Hi. Is your Grendel upper for sale now? If so, can you describe it a bit more, and how much???
    Art

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Artpro
    Hi. Is your Grendel upper for sale now? If so, can you describe it a bit more, and how much???
    Art
    Sold the upper a few days ago. I should say "SPF" Money is on the way as I type. I had it on 6.5 Grendel.com and AR15 armory.com. Thanks for asking.