Hello everyone. New to the board, I was hoping to get some advice on mounting a Leupold VX-R 3-9X40mm to a Savage 116 FHHS 7mm Magnum using Burris Signature Rings and bases.

I have been looking around for a good scope mount for my new hunting rifle setup. I think I have settled on the Burris Signature bases for their secure hold and flexible scope alignment adjustments. My challenge has been to find which set of rings and bases will work with my rifle. Due to the long actions of the 116 I have been told that reversible mounts will be required. I was thinking I would like to use the Dual Dovetail bases for extra strength as I will have less need of the windage adjustments with the signature rings.

Looking at the chart here on the Burris website (http://www.burrisoptics.com/mountchart1.html) for the Savage 116 it suggests the TU110 Reversible bases, but does not show the Dual Dovetail bases (DD-110 Reversible). I found another chart that suggested that the DD-110 Reversible bases would work with a long action Savage. In both cases the chart suggests that I use a Low ring. However, I was unable to find a Signature ring in the Low height. The closest I found was a Medium.

So my questions are. Is anyone using a Burris signature ring setup on their long action Savage rifle with success? If so what components are you using? Next, would a Medium signature base be comfortable in this setup? I am 6'2" if that helps for a point of size reference. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.