Hey guys,
I just got my Savage 10/GY back from an experienced friend who modified an adult-sized stock to fit it.
Problem is, whenever I try to load it, as soon as I push the bolt forward, it "flips" the shell out of the action onto the ground.

Could this be because one of the "ears" are bent up (as he suggested) or because he might not have seated the mag spring right? The magplate currently dips "forward" (toward the action) when pressed on...but it's been so long since I fired my rifle that I can't recall which direction it is supposed to lean.

Pic:

I'm really not gun-savvy aside from being able to use them...IOW, I don't know how to fix them very well (I'm not a smith).
Also I can't afford to pay a smith to look at it. This is why I had a trusted friend work on it. He is very good with firearms of all sorts. He also reloaded a couple of boxes of spent brass for me. He put his own scope on it to see how the accuracy was and it grouped 2-3" at 50 yards.

It's not the end of the world (I can still load it by pressing with my other hand on the shell, guiding it into the chamber) but it's a PITA.

Thank you for any help you might be able to give me, in advance:)
Cheers,
PMZ