Hello all,

I am new to Savage Shooters. Wanted to say hello!

I wanted to speak with some of you about my New Savage Hog Hunter. I per-ordered this gun with out seeing it in person. I guess that was my first mistake. I relied on my experience I have with my 93 in 17 hmr. Which is my most favorite small caliber gun. I did not have the same experience with the hog hunter.

When I got the box in my hand I was so excited, I per-ordered this gun about 6 weeks ago. It came in earlier than I expected. My first let down was that my gun was just in the box without any plastic sleeve like many of my other new guns have come with. I noticed that the receiver had made contact with the box and rubbed the matte finish off. Then I noticed that the bolt head was rusted. I cleaned it a little, then I stopped. Realizing that I should be cleaning the rust off a new gun. Then the worst of the worst. The stock, It is a much lighter color than what is shown on the website. Not only that. The injection molding marks are horrible. I have many guns with syn stocks. If the time is taken, you have a great stock, This stock has sloppy injection molding marks all over it. It looks like a cheap Chinese toy. Not only that. The stock is crooked,....I know they will not be perfect. This can't be normal. This is so far off,....I just don't have words..... I am so disappointed. I had pre ordered a base, rings, a nice Nikon 3x9x50 and I am even having JP make a custom break for this gun because I got it in 338.....I'm at a loss for words. Is this typical for Savage?