Thread: model12FLV custom stock

birdy

model12FLV custom stock

Hi all
    Am after some info for a new stock for a left handed model12FCV in 223,i ordered this rifle from the catalogue in Australia that supplies the savage rifles i really like the rifles so after phone calls to see what left handers were available in Aus the decision was done model 12FLV with 4rd detachable mag,week later got a call the rifle was in paid for it took it home and locked it away.My mate asked me if i wanted to put the scope on and dial it in then do some hunting(sounded great)pulled the rifle out of the box had a look and yep the rifle was not a detachable mag as the brochure had described,rang the shop i brought it from not there prob,rang the savage importer not interested either so here i am stuck with a rifle that i am going to have to keep.Am hopeing someone can help me( we have bugger all services here in Aus as u do in USA for hunters)am after a stock to fit the rifle that i can get sent to Aus but i also want to change it over to detachable mag as well.Any help appreciated
    Cheers from Aus

tinkerer

Re: model12FLV custom stock

See if I got this right?

Bought and paid for a Mod 12 with detachable mag. Opened the box, its not a detachable mag rifle, and the seller, the importer, nobody will make it right? >

Write Savage and tell them their distributors are doing a bang up job of customer service and see what they will do.

Larry
    Tinkerer

birdy

Hi Larry
    That would be a good idea Larry but seeing as Savage aren't taking emails at this time it seems to me that there customer service is about as good as the service i got here in Aus,i have 2 other savage rifles as i reacon they are a great rifle for the price but i doubt i will be buying anymore.
    Stillafter info on stocks will be spending more of my $$$ by the looks.
    Cheers Birdy ??? >

birdy

Is anyone able to help out on custom stocks or is these rifles shit