Thread: Need help part 2

Jwatson72091

Need help part 2

Ok so my previous post was answered with great answers to my question. Now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I have a savage 112 chambered in 223 I'm wanting to convert it into a good long range target round up to 1000 yards. Right now I have it down to three calibers the 6.5 Grendel, 6.5 creedmore, and the 260. Now the easy route would be the Grendel because all I need is barrel and new bolt face because the internal magazine will accept the Grendel round. But I've read and been told the 260 and creedmore is alot better long range rounds. My real question is can a 112fv be made into the creedmore or 260 with ease. Now I know I can get magazines from savage to fit those rounds but will it all work. Any and all information is greatly appreciated. What parts will I need where can I get them and anything else I'm missing the barrel is going to be a ER shaw.

nuclabuyer

Re: Need help part 2

If it were me and I was only using it for punching holes in paper I would get a single shot adapter and you dont need to worry about a mag. So then you just need a boltface for a 308 family and a barrel. If you are interested in hunting or making a repeater I would have in inlet for a CDI DBM. And you are all set

Basic Member

Re: Need help part 2

there are often magazines for the centerfeed .308 family in the classifieds section for $25 to $35 on average it seems. If you pick up one of those, and some bottom metal from classifieds or SSS, you would be able to convert to the .260 or Creedmoor. You will also need the boltface. For the stock, you could get yours inletted, as nuclabuyer mentioned, or purchase another one with DBM. I have converted a few of my rifles from blind mags to DBM. It is really easy to do, but not always the cheapest option.... I just like detachable mags!