Thread: 260 Brass Source ???

260 Brass Source ???

So I get jump on the 6.5 bandwagon at the gunshack group buy. Was going to get the 6.5 Creedmore, but went with the 260 since more people make brass for it. Problem, I have been looking for brass and every place I go to, on-line, is sold out. Anybody have any source for 260 brass. If all else fails I guess I will neck up 243 brass, but that is not the desired route.

Aircraftmech76

Re: 260 Brass Source ???

Lapua brass from Bruno Shooters:

http://www.brunoshooters.com/Merchan...tegory_Code=7L

This would be my suggestion, as the Lapua brass is unequaled in quality, consistency, toughness and durability.

Kevin

Elkbane

Gunstop.com is my go-to place for supplies.
    Elkbane

Thanks for the tips. I don't really want to fork out the cash for the Lapua brass, but I may give it a try.

Grit #1

If you want the best possible performance out of your rifle you will fork out the cash for Lapua brass. It is money well spent!
    Best regards,
    Grit

Senderofan

Quote Originally Posted by snowgetter1
    Thanks for the tips. I don't really want to fork out the cash for the Lapua brass, but I may give it a try.
    You could always get the Lapua .308 brass and neck it down....it's cheaper than the .243 or the .260....for the same case, essentially.

airaddict

I necked down 7-08 brass for my 260 ai. Worked good so far.

Brian

Aircraftmech76

Quote Originally Posted by Senderofan
    Quote Originally Posted by snowgetter1
    You could always get the Lapua .308 brass and neck it down....it's cheaper than the .243 or the .260....for the same case, essentially.
    I'm reforming 308 PALMA into 6.5x47 Lapua, and while I will have to neck turn, I'll be saving myself about $40 per 100 doing it. Remember this when factoring in the cost of Lapua brass: it will outlast any other brand out there by at least a factor of two due to the special metallurgy used. That, combined with the exceptional consistency and quality of the brass makes it a better value in the long run. You won't be disappointed...

Kevin

Is Norma brass the "same" as Lapua? Does one company make both? I see the Norma is priced right up there also.

Now you guys have me convinced I must buy Lapua.

Elkbane

Norma is not the same as Lapua. Lapua will have thicker necks, which is good, and in my experience, is a little more uniform. Norma is a close second for uniformity. I've prepped both - Norma for my rifle and Lapua for a friend's.

My measurements show Lapua with 15 thou neck wall thickness and Norma at about 14 thousand. I turned all my norma down to 13.5 thousands to make it all uniform.

Before both of these were available, I've shot Reminton .260 brass (high variation in neck walls), Lapua 243 expanded to .264 (looks great, but you'll eventually get doughnuts at case/neck junction), necked down Lapua .308 (great, but you might have to turn the necks, and necks will be really short), and Win 7mm-08 necked down to .264 (at least you get full length necks, but the brass is pretty hard).

Best cheap alternative IMO, is Win 7mm-08 necked down. Best period is Lapua .260. Second best is Norma .260. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    I'd buy once and cry once..........
    Elkbane

Basic Member

http://www.evergladesammo.com/brass/...00-pieces.html
    This. Size em, turn em, trim em, shoot em!