Thread: recoil Pad question

Hextro

recoil Pad question

Hello all,

I recently purchased my first rifle, a savage 110 in a 30-06, synthetic black stock. My old man started hinting at wanting to go target shoot with eventual plans to hunt a few years back (after 40+ years of not touching a firearm, post Vietnam). We went to a few local spots and found a used 110 with a bushnell scope for 300 bucks. I'd like to get a recoil pad for it but am having trouble identifying the date of manufacture. I've emailed the sticky thread guy but its been a few weeks with no reply. Assuming the first letter of the serial number is in chronological order its before 2005 as the post mentions G444xxxx = 2005 and mine is F44306.

What I've found online for recoil pads are pre 1996 or not otherwise mentioned at all. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Hex

ellobo

Re: recoil Pad question

Stock shape hasnt changed much in many, many years. If he has shoulder problems then your best bet is a Pachmeyer Decelorator or Limbsaver slip on or attachable. Some pads that fit are made to be ground to fit to the stock contour. I have a very old wood stock and a newer black plastic and they look the same at the butt end.
    El Lobo

Basic Member

I am going through the same thing currently with my wood stock. I have not found one that fits. Ordered 2 different (pre-1996) and neither were a "close enough" fit. Of course, mine was a bit older than yours, E483***, bought in 1985. I measured the stock and ordered a grind to fit. A little bit of work and it fits great.

Hextro

Thanks for the info guys. after a few hours of reading this is the common theme to all posts/chats. at 30-40 bucks its not really breaking the bank to pick one up and make it work.

Thanks again and best wishes.

Hex