Thread: Mark II F at walmart

OnTarget31

Mark II F at walmart

New to the forum and have a question in regards to the Mark II's. Really like the FV-SR, but saw a Mark II F at wal mart and was wondering if the quality was all that different. I know the bolt handle is bigger, heavy barrel and threadded barrel, but is there an overall quality and realiability difference in them. Just looking for a fun plinker, but would like to be able to put the rail on top of the F if possible. Thanks for all your help!

Basic Member

Re: Mark II F at walmart

Welcome!! I currently own 2 of these aforementioned rifles, 10 round clip bolt guns great little guns for the money egw makes a rail to mount to them I'd put it against most 10/22's anyday but that's just my humble opinion for what it's worth an ink pin and a lil lapping compound on the trigger and youre golden
    couple of savages

Kraash

Ink pin?

thomae

Quote Originally Posted by Kraash
    Ink pin?
    You never lived in WVa. "It's whuch'all wrat with when you don't have a Pincil."

Kraash

Lol ok gotch ya, where's the pen come into play? The spring?

attworth

The standard Mk II F should have the accutrigger (not sure if the Wally world version does.) It's also got iron sights which some people prefer, but may not matter to you.

The heavier barrels tend to be more prized for bench rest shooting, and the threaded barrel would be to add a suppressor or standard muzzle device. It's up to you to decide if those are worthwhile for your particular rifle. The Mk II F just has the 21" sporter barrel. I like this style barrel for a hunting type rifle personally. Feels a little less bulky and better balanced.

The stock on the Mk II F is really crummy in my opinion, so chances are you may end up replacing it (especially if you plan to put a scope on it.) I think the FV-SR comes with the same crummy stock, so either way you'll probably want to upgrade.

For $147 (price of the one at my wally world,) it's a pretty nice rifle. I opted for the Mk II GXP from Dick's Sporting Goods (150$) which came without the accutrigger, but has a nicer stock (in my opinion,) and came with a decent scope (which I actually promptly replaced - this wasn't the plan..)

Kraash

So is it better to save the cash and just do a little trigger work?

OnTarget31

Thanks for the replies!

Basic Member

My bolt gun didn't have the accutrigger walmarts guns are usually last years enventory ink pen spring to ease up the trigger you can do the same with the accutrigger just have to drill the trigger for a bigger spring
    couple of savages

Quote Originally Posted by attworth
    The standard Mk II F should have the accutrigger (not sure if the Wally world version does.) It's also got iron sights which some people prefer, but may not matter to you.

The heavier barrels tend to be more prized for bench rest shooting, and the threaded barrel would be to add a suppressor or standard muzzle device. It's up to you to decide if those are worthwhile for your particular rifle. The Mk II F just has the 21" sporter barrel. I like this style barrel for a hunting type rifle personally. Feels a little less bulky and better balanced.

The stock on the Mk II F is really crummy in my opinion, so chances are you may end up replacing it (especially if you plan to put a scope on it.) I think the FV-SR comes with the same crummy stock, so either way you'll probably want to upgrade.

For $147 (price of the one at my wally world,) it's a pretty nice rifle. I opted for the Mk II GXP from Dick's Sporting Goods (150$) which came without the accutrigger, but has a nicer stock (in my opinion,) and came with a decent scope (which I actually promptly replaced - this wasn't the plan..)
    The GXP is a decent MKII for the price. I don't see how you could go wrong with that as long as you know that those non-heavy barrel MKIIs are NOT going to compete with the heavy barrel models....
    .22LR * 6.5x47 Lapua * .223 Rem * .308 Win * 260 Rem * Large Cojones!
    [I]"I can prove anything by statistics except the truth."[/I]

OnTarget31

Yes that is why I am leaning towards the FV-SR

shaman

Buy what you want, unless you can financially benefit from the purchase and still be happy.