Thread: Redfield Revenge riflescopes

Sundo

Redfield Revenge riflescopes

Has anybody noticed the new Revenge line of riflescopes from Redfield?

The improvements over the Revolution line include fully multicoated lenses and a neat ranging system. The drawback is increased weight, 2.5 oz more for the 2-7.

The initial pricing is actually less than the Revolution, but on par with the introductory price of the Revolution. I wonder if Redfield plans to raise the price on the Revenge line as it gains market acceptance.

I also wonder if the Revenge line will replace the Revolution.

I had been considering the Revolution 2-7x33 for a lightweight setup (11.1 oz). I wonder if the fully multicoated optics of the Revenge 2-7 is worth the extra 2.5 oz (13.6 oz)?

My lightweight setup would be a Savage 11 Lightweight Hunter, Talley lightweight rings, and a light scope.

fivesomewhere

Re: Redfield Revenge riflescopes

I've been checking that 2x7 out myself. I don't know of anyone listing them yet, but at that price I'll give it a try. Do you think it will be made in Oregon?

VA Bigbore

Re: Redfield Revenge riflescopes

Spoke to Redfield about this issue last week. The Revenge scopes are being made oversees. They are not being made in Oregon. The Revolution series will still be made in Oregon right alongside the Leupolds. Both scopes will be covered by a Redfield warranty, although I thought the rep I talked to said that the Revenge scopes will have a limited warranty. The Revolution scopes are still covered by an unconditional warranty just like they always have. Being made oversees (can't remember what country the fellow stated, because I only called about the Revolution Scopes), is why they Revenge scopes are cheaper. Still made to Redfield's specs, but they are not made "in country". If you care, then buy a Revolution. If you don't, then you can try a Revenge Scope. However, for my opinion, I will buy another Nikon Prostaff before I buy a Revenge.