Thread: Model 64

TFlash

Model 64

Bought a new Model 64 with the cheap scope kit. Not a prob, after tweaking the scope it shoots like a charm. Can knock out a push pin on the targets at 25 measured yards. Broke down and cleaned the rifle after 250 rounds but now it jams on the initial bolt slide to load every magazine load. Seems to be jamming on the mag lip. Any way to break down and clean the factory magazine?

kris7047th

Re: Model 64

Take the bolt out and buff it with a very fine sand paper. Did you get any grease/oil down in the chamber ? You might need a new mag. I bring the bolt back some before I set the mag in. I don't force it.

TFlash

Have cleaned but not oiled the barrel yet. Up to 325 rounds shot so far and still get an occasional load jam. Was using Rem. ammo but on Win. now. All hollow points so far, will ball type make a difference ya think? Thanks

JCalhoun

Try several different brands and types of ammo. If it keeps doing it then you can try tweeking the lips on the magazine with some needle nose pliers.

You might have to knock off the sharp edges of the magazine to aid in feeding too.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.