Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hogue stocks

scott597

hogue stocks

was wondering if the hogue overmold stocks are completely made of rubber and how are they? anyone handled one of these?

Re: hogue stocks

OVERMOLD - rubber over the molded stock.
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

scott597

wasn't sure if it was the whole stock or just the grip areas. sorry!

While were on the subject, I would like to hear from anyone who has one.

How do you like it?

How was the fit and finish?

pics?

any other useful info?

I know they come fully inletted for a DBM, but I just saw where they also come in a full range of camo colors as well. I was gonna buy a duramax and have it inletted for a DBM, but I may have try one of these out instead.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Wanted one for years, but it took them to long and all my rifles are currently stocked
    .223 Rem AI, .22-250 AI, .220 Swift AI .243 Win AI, .6mm Rem AI, .257 Rob AI, .25-06 AI, 6.5x300wsm .30-06 AI, .270 STW, 7mm STW, 28 nosler, .416 Taylor

Basic Member

I don't have one on a Savage yet but I have one on my Ruger M77 MKII and love it. Fit is good and I really like the rubber overmolding for gripping. I also like the overall shape of the stock. I'm planning on getting a full length bedding block model for my 116 338 win mag sometime in the near future and hope that it will be as good as the one on my Ruger.

Basic Member

The fit and finish are pretty good. The two I have only needed a little material removed from the tang. The barrels were centered in the barrel channel. I would consider the models with the full length bedding block. I have the pillar bedded models and they are a little flexible in the forearm. Good hunting stock though. I also had to remove some material under the recoil lug after I replaced it with a sss lug.

scott597

does anyone know if their short action stocks have the 4.40 screw spacing? i have sent them 3 e-mails now asking that question with no response!

Well....... I just ordered one in "Advantage Timber Camo" for a long action detachable magazine, so in a week or so i will report back as to the fit and finish of it. If y'all are good i will even post pics of it.....LOL
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Basic Member

I have one in short action with DBM and it is the 4.4 spacing. I like mine pretty well. It is the pillar bedded version, and I went ahead and bedded the action. Had to remove some material around the tang, and stiffen the forend, but for around a hundred bucks in a DBM stock, its not bad!

Basic Member

Nice looking rig :)
    Retired sniper. You can run, But you will only die tired!!!

rc109a

Nice gun!

I am looking at them as well. I have a sporter barrel, but want to get a heavier barrel in the future (not varmint or bull, but something heavier then the sporter barrel). Will the gap be significant? Should I get the piller beaded or just wait for the full length beading block?

I cancelled my order cause they said the camo ones are on backorder and would be atleast 8 weeks and likely longer. They didnt tell me this till a week after i ordered it. I also had the pillared version ordered and thought i shoulda maybe ordered the full block version so I just cancelled it so i can step back and rethink my decisions(this doesnt happen too often....LOL).
    ~Clint Eastwood

rc109a

If I use a standard barrel, will the gap be significant if I buy the heavy barrel stock? I might upgrade in the future, but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by rc109a
    If I use a standard barrel, will the gap be significant if I buy the heavy barrel stock? I might upgrade in the future, but not sure.
    All in the eye of the beholder!

scott597

just ordered one from optics planet. o.d. green with full bedding block....we will see. high hopes.

thats where I had mine ordered from as well. A week later they emailed me about the backorder. Hopefully yours wont be.
    ~Clint Eastwood

rc109a

What is the cheapest anyone has found the full bedding block stock for?

scott597

196.00 @ optics planet.

Does hogue make stocks for short action stagger feed? I thought i read somewhere that you just turn the piller of the centerfeed stocks? How would that work with the full aluminum bedding version? Or am i way off?

scott597

i was told by hogue that when order a savage short action you get adapters to fit the different generation screw spacings.

Advertiser

Quote Originally Posted by scott597
    196.00 @ optics planet.
    Don't hold your breath on getting any stocks from Optics Planet. I like, many others, have ordered just to have the order canceled by them at a later date.

rc109a

So has anyone actually gotten one yet? I am looking at a source who said they have one in stock. Just trying to see if they are legitimate.

scott597

YEP!!!! It's been backordered!!! Thats just great > I'll givem a few days to respond to e-mails if no ord then i gues i'll go with a stockade money saver. I hear thats a wait too!!

Basic Member

Has anyone tried ordering directly from Hogue? I see on their site you can order from there but not sure if they have to make them first or already have them in stock ready to ship.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast