Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Zebra wood stock. Ready for the range. Final post.

Basic Member

Re: Zebra wood stock. Ready for the range. Final post.

Amazing thread. AMAZING!!!

I just wanted to throw in something. I helped pioneer the use of Polycrylic in model airplane finishes.

It is not solvent proof at all... Rubbing alcohol will melt it... Just FYI.

sparky123321

Re: Zebra wood stock. Ready for the range. Final post.

Good to know. Thanks for passing that along.

bucksnort2
    Gents,
    Nice looking stock. That brings me to my questions. Where can you get a set of drawing/profiles for a BR stock? Where does one get that thick multi-ply plywood? What do you call it?
    Thanks.

Why is it that every Tom, Dick and Harry around here automatically assumes that everytime someone posts up photo's of one of their personal projects that it automatically means that person wants to make a lot more of them to sell to people on this site and/or others? My apologies to the original poster, but as a Mod I get really sick and tired of this stuff as it always makes us [mods] have to be the bad guys by forcing us to close down the thread or delete selected posts because they ultimately violate our non-solicitation policy.

Seriously, is it really that hard to admire and respect someone's skill and talent without soliciting them to make you one of whatever it is they made?
    Jim B. - Site Administrator
    I run a forum - someone please shoot me and put me out of my misery already

sparky123321
    This thread was just meant to be informative. I tried to include all the steps I used to help guide the average person through the process if they wish to give it a go on their own.

If I had another life to live I might become a gunsmith and stock maker, but this time around I'm just a shooting enthusiast with some basic wood working skills and gun knowledge.

I love the stock I made and I wouldn't sell the one on my HBR no matter the price. It means much more to me than it would be worth to anyone else. If I ever do decide to make stocks professionally I would need a whole bunch of new and expensive equipment, including a CAD machine for the inlets. At that point I would be happy to be a paid advertiser or sponsor. It's not out of the realm of possibilities, but as you can see I haven't even had a chance to finish up the others I already have in process.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234