Thread: savage Model 12 FCV parts.

Eric2381

savage Model 12 FCV parts.

[img width=512 height=768]http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt124/eric2381/photo-97.png[/img]

[img width=512 height=768]http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt124/eric2381/photo-98.png[/img]

I'm looking for part 4C. On the Savage Partfinder on thier website it states that the part is available only to a gunsmith. It states that most of the the parts are available only to a gunsmith.

I am capable of repairing the rifle myself, if I had the part. The closest gunsmith is a few hours away. I know that this repair would be covered under warranty, but it would cost me 10X or more in fuel and time than it would for me to just buy the small part and replace it myself.

Can anybody help me out with this?

Thanks for your time, Eric

82boy

Re: savage Model 12 FCV parts.

Part 4c is a sear.
    Try placing an wated add in the classified section.
    Sharp Shooters Supply may have them in stock.

gotcha

Hi Eric ! You might try Numrich Arms. Good selection of Savage parts there & you don't have to be a gunsmith to order. Nice work on your pics! Wish I could do that :)

Eric2381

I might've found one through a fellow I know on a different forum. His is a left hand rifle though. I don't know if it makes a difference with the sear/bolt release on the Accustock rifles. I'm just waiting to hear back from him.

The Iphone makes it so easy to post pics of webpages and pics of everything else too.

I bought this rifle with this issue a few years ago. The rifle functions fine, but the bolt can't be removed without pulling the action out of the stock. Also the accutrigger sometimes malfunctions and it won't fire until I recock the bolt. The little lever that moves the sear from the bolt release button is broken off.

thomae

Quote Originally Posted by Eric2381
    Also the accutrigger sometimes malfunctions and it won't fire until I recock the bolt.
    That particular problem often occurs when the trigger weight is too light. Try increasing the trigger weight (unscrew the accutrigger spring to make it "longer") and see if that solves this particular problem. If it does, you can then experiment with how much to reduce your trigger pull and still have the trigger function properly.

Eric2381

The offending part

Here is where it used to be.

Eric2381

Quote Originally Posted by thomae
    Also the accutrigger sometimes malfunctions and it won't fire until I recock the bolt.
    That particular problem often occurs when the trigger weight is too light. Try increasing the trigger weight (unscrew the accutrigger spring to make it "longer") and see if that solves this particular problem. If it does, you can then experiment with how much to reduce your trigger pull and still have the trigger function properly.
    Thanks. I had that problem with another used Savage rifle with Accutrigger I bought a few years ago too. That's what I did to fix it. I don't know why I didn't think of that for this rifle. Hopefully I get a part for it and while I have it pulled apart I'll adjust the trigger at the same time. For now the rifle is sitting idle, as I have others to use in the meantime.

82boy

I might've found one through a fellow I know on a different forum. His is a left hand rifle though. I don't know if it makes a difference with the sear/bolt release on the Accustock rifles. I'm just waiting to hear back from him.
    Well, its not going to work. There is not diference between a right or a left handed rifle, they use the same sear. The problem is that the acc-stock rifles use a compleatly diferent sear, do to the bolt release being located in the trigger guard.

There is a difference between the accu-trigger and the old style sear as well, they are ground at diferent angles.

82boy

The offending part

Here is where it used to be.
    O' now I see you have an accu-stock gun. I hate to say it but your only hope is to send it off to Savage. No one will have that sear in stock.

82boy

Also the old style sear will not work because you don't have the flat ground in the receiver for the bolt releases to move up and down.

Eric2381

I knew about the the difference it the parts because of the Accustock. The part that buddy had isn't going to work.

You don't think anybody will have this newer part in stock? Being as it's the weekend right now I won't be able to call around 'til Monday.

Thanks again, Eric

82boy

I knew about the the difference it the parts because of the Accustock. The part that buddy had isn't going to work.
    Thanks again, Eric
    Only if the sear is FOR an accu-stock, will it work. No other sear will work.

You don't think anybody will have this newer part in stock?
    I can safely say that no one will have it in stock. Like I said before you are going to have to send the gun back to Savage. accu-stock guns are low production number guns, and have only been around a couple of years. Because of this I would also say that I dont believe that anyone catalogs this part. Brownells will restrict the part to Gunsmaiths only, (That is if they even would stock it.) Midway doesn't show any sears on there site, and Numrich's I dont know. I seriously doubt Sharp Shooters Supply stocks that part. You may get lucky and find someone that is scrapping out a accu-stock action, and would be willing to sell the sear, but I highly doubt it.