Mark II Heavy Barrel. Pre E receiver, not bedded, stock trigger guard and bottom metal.
Finally tried the close to 20 year old Eley Tenex (Pre-EPS, round nose) I have been saving for pistol matches to see if it really was the magic elixir. Apparently it is. Here are my best results from today.

I was shooting outdoors. The WX was sunny, 45 degrees F, winds variable up to about 15 MPH from my 3 O'clock. I was shooting from the prone position with an inexpensive Caldwell bipod and a sandbag under the butt. My barrel was dirty and although I was pausing and waiting for ideal wind between shots, there were some shots that I took fairly quickly because the wind was at a lull.

I am sure my technique leaves much to be desired. I am also sure the flier was me, but I am not sure what I did differently (or failed to do) for that shot.

I have not yet stretched it out to 100 yards to see what the rifle will do at that distance.

So far, the ammos I have tested run the gamut from the sublime to the ridiculous:
Eley Tenex
CCI Standard Velocity
Federal 714 Blue box
Wolf Match Target
Aguila Super Extra Standard velocity
Remington Subsonic Hollow Point
Remington Eley Target Rifle
Eley Sport (Purple Box) (Sorted by rim thickness and unsorted)
Winchester Xpert Hollow Point
Federal 510
CCI Subsonic Hollow Point
Federal 714 Red Box
Aguila Super Extra Subsonic
Aguila Golden Eagle Pistol Match
RWS Target Rifle
Aguila Pistol Match
Federal 719 Gold Medal Match
PMC Target 22 (No longer made, yellow box)
CCI Blazer

The only types of ammo which have given me less than .50 " CTC 5-shot groups are:
Eley Tenex
CCI Standard Velocity
Wolf Match Target.

The brands that resulted in 4 shot groups (discounting single fliers) less than .50" are:
Eley Tenex
Remington Eley Target Rifle
CCI Standard Velocity
Eley Sport
Remington Subsonic Hollow Point
Aguila Super Extra Standard Velocity
Federal 714 Red Box
Wolf Match Target
CCI Subsonic Hollow Point
Federal 510

Does this mean anything to you? Probably not, because what works in my rifle may not work in yours.
Also, you are likely a better rifle shooter than I am.

Reading the posts, however, there seems to be a trend of a lot of people getting good results from CCI standard velocity.

As far as the sweeping generalization that Eley Tenex shoots well in any firearm? I certainly have not disproved that theory.
;D