I figured this info would be helpful to others. I recently purchased and returned a Burris Six X because I was not completely satisfied with the scope. Here were my issues:

The scope magnification ring is a separate rubber piece that can come off and did. It was advertised as such...that is separate ring...

The 2 power was extremely difficult to turn too.

The eye relief was very uncomfortable to me, that is, eye relief to far away. It was advertised 3-1/2 to 4 inch eye relief. But I believe it was 4 inch and a little more.

A test or comparison I did the other evening was with my old tasco and two other bushnells. This occurred during the last 30 minutes of daylight.

Tasco - cloudy no good...I was not expecting much anyways
Bushell 3.5x10x40 "Scopechief" - did fine captured decent light, after to got darker it was more difficult to see the crosshairs.
Bushell 3x9x40 high contrast - did about the same as the scope chief.
Burris Six X (2-12x50mm)- hard for my eye to "take in" and "absorb" the detail.
...issue I had during low light was that the eye relief was to far away (even adjusted the rear focus ring).
and with that field of view was comparatively different from the closer scopes to my eye.
so with that comparison I choose my bushnells over my Burris.

Other notes...viewing the scope was clear, good glass. I could see a difference comared to my bushnells. The 6x magnification was fine.

I did a side by side comparison the Burris SixX to a Meopta Meostar at a local gun store yesterday and I like the Meostar more.

As an aside, returned the Burris and ordered a Meopta Meostar 3-10 x 50mm with the #4 recticle.

Fellows this was just my opinion and others may have additional feed back of the Burris Six and I think with any big purchase the more info you get from others the better your decision will be.

I will post feedback of the Meopta when it comes....