Thread: What model stock for axis???

Basic Member

What model stock for axis???

I am confused on how to pick a stock for an axis. are the short action axis rifles the ssame size as a model 10 or 11? if not what model stock do i need to look for. thanks in advance
    They can run, but they'll only die tired.

thomae

Re: What model stock for axis???

[size=pt]AFAIK, there are currently no aftermarket stocks for the Axis with the exception of the factory youth stock from Savage.

The Axis action is not the same size as the Savage 10 series short action nor is it the same size as the Savage long action 110 series rifles. IT is in between the two. Search the Axis section and you will see many threads discussing the differences in stocks, etc...

All the best.
    [/size]

dozer02

That was the very first question I posted on here! The ad's for the Boyds stocks at the top of the page are very appealing! I would think that someone will be making one soon, question is, who & when? Did you get a stainless or blued? I got a stainless Axis and finding a scope of 12x power in silver finish has been a challenge, no matter what, a decent quality scope will cost more than the gun!

Basic Member

well i havent purchased one yet. i was checking to see if i should spend another $100 so i could buy an aftermarket stock. well thnx for the info
    They can run, but they'll only die tired.

thomae

Mine is blued .223 and I have a Bushnell 3200 10 power mil/mil scope on it (On sale less than $200). Have not shot it yet.
    Done some trigger and bolt work, but have been too busy with other projects to put rounds downrange.