Thread: Rings, Need help

Basic Member

Rings, Need help

I am getting a Sightron 8-32x56. I have a nightforce 20moa two piece base and need help finding some rings. From my calclulation, I need 1.125" rings to get .25" of clearance. I would like the 6 screw rings and would prefer 7075 aluminum. Can anyone recommend some rings, this has been more complicated than building the damn rifle.

Basic Member

Re: Rings, Need help

I have used both the weaver and the burris tactical 6 screw and am very pleased with both of them.
    Retired sniper. You can run, But you will only die tired!!!

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsthntn247
    I am getting a Sightron 8-32x56. I have a nightforce 20moa two piece base and need help finding some rings. From my calclulation, I need 1.125" rings to get .25" of clearance. I would like the 6 screw rings and would prefer 7075 aluminum. Can anyone recommend some rings, this has been more complicated than building the damn rifle.
    .25" of clearance? I hope you don't go with that much clearance. The closer you can get to the barrel the better. Unless you have a very high check weld.

Not sure if you could find 1.125" height rings. 1" is the Extra High in Burris.

Basic Member

Yea your right on the Burris. I wouldn't want that much clearence either ???
    Retired sniper. You can run, But you will only die tired!!!

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsthntn247
    What kind of rail/mount system are you using? That would also come into the calculation of the proper rings.

Basically, how much does the rail/mount raise the mounting of your rings?

kruzr69

I have the same bases on my short action with a varmint contour barrel. I mounted a Viper PST 6-24X50 with butler creek caps using the medium Vortex precision matched rings. I have about .15" clearance with that combo, I wish I would have gone with the low rings. A 56mm objective would easily fit in my setup with the caps on it. I think the Vortex medium rings are .96" so anything around that would probably work out good for you. I agree i wouldnt want a .25" gap.

Basic Member

I got the high.97 seekins rings and they wernt high enough. For 145 dollars, I hope they will take these back and send me some highs. All my calculations told me ex high 1.25 rings were necessary but the owner assured me these would work, just hope they stand behind their product.