Thread: Need help picking out KG Gun Kote colors

rdfrench

Need help picking out KG Gun Kote colors

I have a B&C Medalist in olive green like the one shown (I stole this pic off the web). I want to gun kote my action in something other than black. I will however be gun koting the bolt body and other smaller parts in matte black. I was considering using OD or foliage for the action, but am unsure of how well it will look with my stock. I am also a big fan of the flat dark earth, just don't know if it would clash with the green stock. If anyone has any suggestions (pics are even better) I'm all ears. Also the barrel is a SS Douglas from Fred that is bead blasted, my original intent was to leave the barrel as is...but I'm open to suggestions there as well.

Re: Need help picking out KG Gun Kote colors

Flat dark earth would look good with that stock, imho.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

rdfrench

Quote Originally Posted by GaCop
    Flat dark earth would look good with that stock, imho.
    I was thinking that it might, but cant find any pictures to support it.

Basic Member

I have same stock color for new build. Gun is getting coated now. I went with flat dark earth type color. OD green would be way too much green. When I get my gun back I will post pic in picture thread

rdfrench

Quote Originally Posted by jgerrington
    I have same stock color for new build. Gun is getting coated now. I went with flat dark earth type color. OD green would be way too much green. When I get my gun back I will post pic in picture thread
    Awesome...how soon until it's back? Did you get all the metal coated?

There's a thread somewhere in the picture section where the member did a tan and black with that color stock. Its one of the sharpest guns I've ever seen. I believe the post is called "220 swift done" or something like that.

rdfrench

Quote Originally Posted by 03mossy
    There's a thread somewhere in the picture section where the member did a tan and black with that color stock. Its one of the sharpest guns I've ever seen. I believe the post is called "220 swift done" or something like that.
    Good catch 03mossy, I found it here http://savageshooters.com/SavageForu...c,46030.0.html

I hope daisy2007 doesn't mind me reposting his pics...but here is what 03mossy was talking about

That is one sharp rifle. I am thinking about doing the entire action in FDE and the bolt body and handle in black and leaving the barrel bead blasted stainless as is. I think I need to learn how to use Photoshop so I can preview a few options.

rdfrench

I'm still open to suggestions if anybody has any. I still have time, since I'm waiting on the weather here to warm up (no heat in the shop).

rdfrench

Another question. How do you guys handle that little red plastic safety indicator when blasting or heating your actions? Will it pop out and then go back in after coating or does it need to be masked? I'm mainly concerned about it melting in the oven.